Web find - 5948.jpg (1/1) [368K]

Old February 18th 20, 12:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobile.pictures, alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows, alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Rich

Default Web find - 5948.jpg (1/1) [368K]

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5948.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	367.5 KB
ID:	263603
Old February 18th 20, 03:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobile.pictures,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Martin C

Could that be a Porsche 356?
Next is an Austin of England A40 Dorset.
Then a Morris 1000 with the bonnet/hood up
With a Austin Healey beyond that.
The next one looks to be an MG TD or TC.

All about 1950'ish

A good, if motley, selection of vehicles being worked on.

How sad am I?

Martin C
Old February 18th 20, 07:26 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobile.pictures,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Leroy Curtis

In article >, Martin C
> writes
>Could that be a Porsche 356?
>Next is an Austin of England A40 Dorset.
>Then a Morris 1000 with the bonnet/hood up
>With a Austin Healey beyond that.
>The next one looks to be an MG TD or TC.
>
>All about 1950'ish
>
>A good, if motley, selection of vehicles being worked on.
>
>How sad am I?

In an effort to be sadder, a small correction; the Austin A40 is a
Devon; the Dorset was the 2-door version. I'm trying to work out what
the furthest car is, with the bonnet up; I think it may be a Jaguar XK.
The presence of an Austin Healey means that the picture must have been
taken no earlier than 1953.
--
Regards

Leroy Curtis

Please replace "nospam" with "baram" in my address if you wish to
reply by Email
Old February 19th 20, 01:51 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
drek

Default Web find - 5948.jpg - "021_3500.jpg" 982 kBytes yEnc

On Tue, 18 Feb 2020 19:26:01 +0000,Leroy Curtis

>In article >, Martin C
> writes
>>Could that be a Porsche 356?
>>Next is an Austin of England A40 Dorset.
>>Then a Morris 1000 with the bonnet/hood up
>>With a Austin Healey beyond that.
>>The next one looks to be an MG TD or TC.
>>
>>All about 1950'ish
>>
>>A good, if motley, selection of vehicles being worked on.
>>
>>How sad am I?
>>

>In an effort to be sadder, a small correction; the Austin A40 is a
>Devon; the Dorset was the 2-door version. I'm trying to work out what
>the furthest car is, with the bonnet up; I think it may be a Jaguar XK.
>The presence of an Austin Healey means that the picture must have been
>taken no earlier than 1953.

An impressive effort by you both. Hope this helps.

A larger version from an article in the Hemmings Blog about U.S.
Shelby Cobra production.
"Inside the small European Cars work shop where many different makes
of sports cars were serviced and repaired. (Robert Walker Collection)"
https://chromjuwelen.com/network/228...bras-got-built

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 021_3500.jpg (982.1 KB, 11 views)
Old February 19th 20, 09:12 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobile.pictures,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Martin C

On 18/02/2020 19:26, Leroy Curtis wrote:
> In article >, Martin C
> > writes
>> Could that be a Porsche 356?
>> Next is an Austin of England A40 Dorset.
>> Then a Morris 1000 with the bonnet/hood up
>> With a Austin Healey beyond that.
>> The next one looks to be an MG TD or TC.
>>
>> All about 1950'ish
>>
>> A good, if motley, selection of vehicles being worked on.
>>
>> How sad am I?
>>

> In an effort to be sadder, a small correction; the Austin A40 is a
> Devon; the Dorset was the 2-door version. I'm trying to work out what
> the furthest car is, with the bonnet up; I think it may be a Jaguar XK.
> The presence of an Austin Healey means that the picture must have been
> taken no earlier than 1953.

Well done Leroy, a good spot for the number of doors, I missed that.
Martin C
Old February 21st 20, 07:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Leroy Curtis

In article >, drek
> writes
>On Tue, 18 Feb 2020 19:26:01 +0000,Leroy Curtis
>

>>In article >, Martin C
> writes
>>>Could that be a Porsche 356?
>>>Next is an Austin of England A40 Dorset.
>>>Then a Morris 1000 with the bonnet/hood up
>>>With a Austin Healey beyond that.
>>>The next one looks to be an MG TD or TC.
>>>
>>>All about 1950'ish
>>>
>>>A good, if motley, selection of vehicles being worked on.
>>>
>>>How sad am I?
>>>

>>In an effort to be sadder, a small correction; the Austin A40 is a
>>Devon; the Dorset was the 2-door version. I'm trying to work out what
>>the furthest car is, with the bonnet up; I think it may be a Jaguar XK.
>>The presence of an Austin Healey means that the picture must have been
>>taken no earlier than 1953.

>An impressive effort by you both. Hope this helps.
>
>A larger version from an article in the Hemmings Blog about U.S.
>Shelby Cobra production.
>"Inside the small European Cars work shop where many different makes
>of sports cars were serviced and repaired. (Robert Walker Collection)"
>https://chromjuwelen.com/network/228...dnfd-the-story
>-behind-how-some-of-the-first-shelby-cobras-got-built

Fascinating, thanks drek.