Good battery for 01 vette.

Old September 3rd 05, 03:54 AM
David

Default Good battery for 01 vette.

The Delco battery seems to go dead very fast if the car is not driven
often,What would be a good replacement ?

THANK YOU David

Old September 3rd 05, 04:29 AM
Dad

"David" > wrote in message
> The Delco battery seems to go dead very fast if the car is not driven
> often,What would be a good replacement ?
>
> THANK YOU David

I doubt very much that Delco is the problem, but by all means replace it
with one that doesn't go dead often. Have you checked it for a drain on the
battery? You may be replacing a battery with a dead or bad cell and then you
can be right. Of course you can be replacing the good battery with a good
battery and gain nothing. My truck with a Delco battery sits most of the
summer and the battery doesn't go dead often. My 72 sits more than it should
but I can only drive one at a time and the Delco doesn't go dead often.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old September 3rd 05, 03:23 PM
John H

I've always had good luck with Delco, but my friends prefer the
Optima. You might want to get a "Battery Tender or a "Battery
Minder". Either one should prolong the life of the battery if it
sits unused for long periods.
http://www.batterytender.com/
http://www.vdcelectronics.com/index.htm
John

Old September 3rd 05, 05:23 PM
'Key

"David" > wrote in message
> The Delco battery seems to go dead very fast if the car is
> not driven
> often,What would be a good replacement ?
>
> THANK YOU
> David

Delco is a fine battery.
it may have run its life.
if not ?
you have something gone wrong that may be pulling it down.

my2¢
--
"Key"

Old September 3rd 05, 06:35 PM
PJ

David wrote:
> The Delco battery seems to go dead very fast if the car is not driven
> often,What would be a good replacement ?
>
> THANK YOU David

Sounds like you've got stray current somewhere. Even with a 4 year old
battery you should be able to weather 30-45 days with just the radio and
security loads. Might be good to tackle that problem before exposing a
new Battery to a damaging condition.

My Delco experience has always been good. Exceptionally long life (9.5
years in a Trans-Am was the longest, just over 5 years the shortest).
Delcos always have had a sudden death though with little warning--one
reason I keep a battery charger in the garage. I'm running an Optima
now and really like the high cranking voltage. Posts on this NG have
indicated that some Optimas wouldn't physically fit in the C4s--make
some measurements before you run to the store and buy one.

I'm not brand fussy as long as the battery is a closed top, "maintenance
free" design--don't want the bad fumes corroding the area. Interstate
has a great reputation and has good nationwide service--you probably
won't need it though.

PJ
Old September 4th 05, 03:57 AM
L DaVinci

The problem with the Delcos is not that they die any faster than
others, it's that when they do die they don't keep a charge as well.
On the C5, you should only expect the car to sit for 21 days before
having problems, according to the Owner's Manual and experience. If
the car has to sit longer, get a Battery Tender that works with the
AGM battery. And if/when it doesn need replacing, consider the
Optima.

www.c5forum.com

Old September 5th 05, 03:23 PM
Vandervecken

H'm. Last time I put a WalMart battery in a car it failed in about a
year and the store refused a warranty claim unless I first paid them a
chunk of $$$ to check out my car's electrical and charging system. And
they wanted to keep the car three days to get around to that. Grumph.

-- V

Old September 5th 05, 11:01 PM
aRKay

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with Wall Mart. They have been
good in this area. I saw someone bring in a dead Wall Mart battery and
they just gave him another with no questions asked or need to check out
the car. All they did was put the bad battery on a tester. It failed
and was replaced.

Anyone else had a bad experience at Wall Mart?

Old September 5th 05, 11:40 PM
Vandervecken

I doubt if WalMart, or their batteries, is any better or any worse than
the others on the whole. I was just pointing out that experience varies
a lot. My own experience likely stems from a single crappy employee at
one store, and it's not fair of me to characterize WalMart or their
batteries broadly based on that. But it is fair of me to recount it, and
to characterize that one store by it.

-- V

cooling site tim VW air cooled 13 January 27th 05 04:33 AM
At what point is a vehicle battery charging or discharging? 12.6v ? [email protected] Technology 34 January 3rd 05 05:11 AM
battery question Jim Beaver General 14 November 6th 04 10:54 PM
Alfa Romeo 156 alarm won't turn off problem Alfie Norks Alfa Romeo 14 October 23rd 04 04:33 AM