Air Conditioner Blows warm to hot air

Old August 1st 05, 11:57 PM
tileguy

Default Air Conditioner Blows warm to hot air

Hello, I have a 1995 Honda Accord, 4 cyl, 2.2 ltr, and just put in a new
radiator. Everything went well, except my air conditioner blows warm to
hot air, everything worked fine prior to changing the radiator. Is there
something I missed?

Old August 2nd 05, 12:20 AM
Professor

Is the compressor running?

Professor
www.telstar-electronics.com

Old August 2nd 05, 06:29 PM
Todd K.

Check both fans behind the radiator when the AC is running. Are these
blowing a good amount of air?

Old August 3rd 05, 01:08 AM
motsco_ _

tileguy wrote:
> Hello, I have a 1995 Honda Accord, 4 cyl, 2.2 ltr, and just put in a new
> radiator. Everything went well, except my air conditioner blows warm to
> hot air, everything worked fine prior to changing the radiator. Is there
> something I missed?

-----------------------

If it blows ANY air that is warmer than the outside air, your heater is
ON, so you need to fix the cables that turn the heater on. I'm sending
you a document that shows the adjustments. The 'tap' under the hood may
just be staying on a bit, if it's at all like my '98 Odyssey. '95
Odyssey was the same.

'Curly'

Old August 3rd 05, 09:27 PM
butch burton

Same thing happened on my 97 accord - the repair guy pulled apart the
plug that turns on the AC compressor - actually it causes the clutch to
engage thus spinning the compressor. Simple to see if the compressor
is turning - open the hood with the motor running and ac off - look at
the center of the ac compressor and see if that thing is spinning - it
won't be with the ac off. Then turn the ac on and look again - if it
is not spinning - then the clutch is not engaging.

If the above - trace the wire from the ac and on mine it went to near
the side of the radiator into a connection and it was that connection
that the mechanic did not get put back together. Hope that is all - at
first I thought his grunting and tugging lost a load of gas. The pig
also stole one of my maps - will have a bigger garage in my new house
and will be able to avoid guys like that for simple repairs - oh it
took 3 different radiators before we found one that would not leak -
Bumper to Bumper Hecho in Mexico. Oh they used the old drain plug - it
leaked - had to go buy a new one. $375 or so but the dealer wanted
over $600.

Let us know what u find - hope it is a simple electrical connection not
being made.