Mice in car

Old March 24th 05, 10:17 PM
W. Moore

Default Mice in car

Hi All,
Found mouse droppings in my '75 model, so put a mouse trap on the drivers
floormat. Caught a mouse. Reset the trap, and caught a second mouse.
Found a large mouse nest under the console by the temp. controls made of
chewed up carpet insulation. I figured they were getting in around the
squirrel cage fan by going down the channel in front of the windshield on
the passenger side and making their way through the a.c. ductwork. I
crawled under the car looking for other entry points and there seems to be
access around the heater core tubes that protrude out thru the bottom. Any
ideas on how to block off these points of entry ?

Old March 25th 05, 02:51 PM
Johnny Mc

"W. Moore" > wrote in message
> Hi All,
> Found mouse droppings in my '75 model, so put a mouse trap on the drivers
> floormat. Caught a mouse. Reset the trap, and caught a second mouse.
> Found a large mouse nest under the console by the temp. controls made of
> chewed up carpet insulation. I figured they were getting in around the
> squirrel cage fan by going down the channel in front of the windshield on
> the passenger side and making their way through the a.c. ductwork. I
> crawled under the car looking for other entry points and there seems to be
> access around the heater core tubes that protrude out thru the bottom.
> Any
> ideas on how to block off these points of entry ?

put a moth-ball or two in the area of there nest for a while. They will move
on.

--

I Brew My Own Damn Beer!
Johnny Mc

To E-mail me, get rid of the "BAD-BEER"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old March 25th 05, 05:49 PM
W. Moore

Tried that already. Last fall put several in a web-bag placed by the
channel outside entrance to the squirrel cage fan and the rest of the box in
an old margarine tub on the passenger seat. So strong inside the car I have
to let it air out before driving. I don't know how the mice stood it long
enough to build a nest.

Old March 25th 05, 08:10 PM
Bob G.

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 22:17:27 GMT, "W. Moore"
> wrote:

>Hi All,
>Found mouse droppings in my '75 model, so put a mouse trap on the drivers
>floormat. Caught a mouse. Reset the trap, and caught a second mouse.
>Found a large mouse nest under the console by the temp. controls made of
>chewed up carpet insulation. I figured they were getting in around the
>squirrel cage fan by going down the channel in front of the windshield on
>the passenger side and making their way through the a.c. ductwork. I
>crawled under the car looking for other entry points and there seems to be
>access around the heater core tubes that protrude out thru the bottom. Any
>ideas on how to block off these points of entry ?

========================
I live in a rural area...and have "stored" cars over the winter for
25-30 years without a problem... HOWEVER 3 years aro I was paid a
visit by Mickey, Minny,. and most likekly all their offspring...
TThey did a number on the wiring under the dash of my 76...all the non
mechanical guages sould not work... Took me a good year to sort out
everyting...

BUT a mouse can "squeeze" : thru anyplace you can stick a pencil
thru.. any hole 1/4 inch or so in diameter is BIG enough ...!

Personally I gave up looking for places they can get in... MOST
CORVETTES were manufactured that they can walk right in thru the seams
between the door and the fenders expecially if the weatherstriping is
bad...

I now focus on making the garage as uncomfortable and cold as I can...
Used to have towels etc folded on a shelf etc....mice love to craw
inder the blankets to stay woarm etc...so now I "store" all rags,
towels etc in rubbermaid containers with snap on lids... I focus on
removing nice warm places for them is what I am doing..

ALSO use decon etc...placed around the cars and inside...

Made me wish I was not a member of the Mickey Mouse Club back when I
was a preschooler.... DAMN MICE !

Bob Griffiths
68 SS 396 Chevelle
64 & 72 Corvette Convertibles
76 79 & 95 Corvette Coupes

Old March 25th 05, 11:07 PM
RicSeyler

Ummmmm ya got to count the skull there Bob-O. ;-)

hehehehe Your making a good point though, they are
surprisingly agile.

Old March 25th 05, 11:10 PM
RicSeyler

Ummmmm ya got to count the skull there Bob-O.
We ain't talking about octopus that only have to worry bout their beak.

hehehehe Your making a very very good point though, they are
amazingly agile. You have to worry about more than just a "mouse sized"
hole :-)

Bob G. wrote:

>BUT a mouse can "squeeze" : thru anyplace you can stick a pencil
>thru.. any hole 1/4 inch or so in diameter is BIG enough ...!

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
GPL Handicap 6.35

http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler
remove -SPAM- from email address
--------------------------------------
"Homer no function beer well without."
- H.J. Simpson

Old March 26th 05, 12:32 AM
Zorin Inc.

Buy a cat?

Old March 27th 05, 03:34 PM
Kickstart

"
> Buy a cat?

BUY ???????????

Kickstart

Old March 27th 05, 05:37 PM
Zorin Inc.

I once had a cat that I wished was hairless, so I naired it. lol Of course
if you get a cat, you'll need a dog to get rid of the cat.

Old May 12th 05, 12:55 AM
andrewauto

"W. Moore" wrote:
> Hi All,
> Found mouse droppings in my '75 model, so put a mouse trap on
> the drivers
> floormat. Caught a mouse. Reset the trap, and caught a
> second mouse.
> Found a large mouse nest under the console by the temp.
> controls made of
> chewed up carpet insulation. I figured they were getting in
> around the
> squirrel cage fan by going down the channel in front of the
> windshield on
> the passenger side and making their way through the a.c.
> ductwork. I
> crawled under the car looking for other entry points and there
> seems to be
> access around the heater core tubes that protrude out thru the
> bottom. Any
> ideas on how to block off these points of entry ?

If you do not like the moth balls smell you can try using some
silicone gasket maker but mix in some hair. You can seal off by the
heater core area with this mixture. If this is too much for you,
mice and rats will not chew on stell wool too!! Thats right mice and
most wild animals hate the smell of human hair, or humans.

Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Corvette-M...ict109084.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=581502

mice in 94 740IL glove box BMW 7 January 9th 05 02:52 AM
Vanagon and mice nests in the Air inlet geebee VW water cooled 0 October 31st 04 07:23 PM