Only 45K to be built for the 45th year

Old June 6th 08, 12:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Only 45K to be built for the 45th year

The 45th-anniversary ride of the Mustang will be a quick one. Ford
expects to build just 45,000 retail versions of the 2009 model.

The car has few changes from the '08 model, and pony-car fans are
already clamoring for the redesigned 2010 Mustang, which is expected
to be shown later this year.

Still, the plan will make the '09 considerably scarcer than Mustangs
in recent years. Ford sold 44,160 Mustangs through the first five
months of this year and 64,560 in the same period in 2007.

The '09 Mustang gets a 45th-anniversary badge, an optional glass roof
and slightly updated Warriors in Pink trim. It's arriving in
dealerships now.

Meanwhile, anticipation continues to build for the redesigned Mustang,
which, like the original, will compete against the Dodge Challenger
and the Chevrolet Camaro.

---

The next few years are going to very interesting in pony car land.
The new Camaro is going to get a 4-cylinder turbo and Ford is likely,
IMO, to use their new Ecotech engines in the Mustang. Yep, it's going
to be interesting...

Patrick

Old June 8th 08, 05:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
ND

> wrote in message
> The 45th-anniversary ride of the Mustang will be a quick one. Ford
> expects to build just 45,000 retail versions of the 2009 model.
>
> The car has few changes from the '08 model, and pony-car fans are
> already clamoring for the redesigned 2010 Mustang, which is expected
> to be shown later this year.
>
> Still, the plan will make the '09 considerably scarcer than Mustangs
> in recent years. Ford sold 44,160 Mustangs through the first five
> months of this year and 64,560 in the same period in 2007.
>
> The '09 Mustang gets a 45th-anniversary badge, an optional glass roof
> and slightly updated Warriors in Pink trim. It's arriving in
> dealerships now.
>
> Meanwhile, anticipation continues to build for the redesigned Mustang,
> which, like the original, will compete against the Dodge Challenger
> and the Chevrolet Camaro.
>
> ---
>
> The next few years are going to very interesting in pony car land.
> The new Camaro is going to get a 4-cylinder turbo and Ford is likely,
> IMO, to use their new Ecotech engines in the Mustang. Yep, it's going
> to be interesting...
>
> Patrick

Hi Pat, I always enjoy reading your posts. Would you mind posting a link to
your source on this information? I would like to read more about this and
reference it. Thanks. It would make sense for Ford to sell the 2009 up until
April 17th 2009 then launch a 2009 1/2 model year then start the 2010. Makes
the 2009 more unique unless their goal is to sell 2010 Mustangs for a very
long sales year. I read elsewere the ecoboost motor was going to be used in
the Stang. I would love to see Ford entertain the thoughts of 4-6-8 cylinder
engines as well as other alternatives. Perhaps we will be seeing the same
phylosophy as the SVO brought back soon? To be honest all Ford has to do is
drop the Mustangs weight to start becoming more fuel efficient.

Nick

Old June 9th 08, 02:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Jun 7, 11:27 pm, "ND" > wrote:

> > The 45th-anniversary ride of the Mustang will be a quick one. Ford
> > expects to build just 45,000 retail versions of the 2009 model.

> > The car has few changes from the '08 model, and pony-car fans are
> > already clamoring for the redesigned 2010 Mustang, which is expected
> > to be shown later this year.

> > Still, the plan will make the '09 considerably scarcer than Mustangs
> > in recent years. Ford sold 44,160 Mustangs through the first five
> > months of this year and 64,560 in the same period in 2007.

> > The '09 Mustang gets a 45th-anniversary badge, an optional glass roof
> > and slightly updated Warriors in Pink trim. It's arriving in
> > dealerships now.

> > Meanwhile, anticipation continues to build for the redesigned Mustang,
> > which, like the original, will compete against the Dodge Challenger
> > and the Chevrolet Camaro.

> > The next few years are going to very interesting in pony car land.
> > The new Camaro is going to get a 4-cylinder turbo and Ford is likely,
> > IMO, to use their new Ecotech engines in the Mustang. Yep, it's going
> > to be interesting...

> > Patrick

> Hi Pat, I always enjoy reading your posts.

Thanks, Nick! I only wish I had more time to post these days.

> Would you mind posting a link to
> your source on this information?

Not the original but here's a source:

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/06/05/2...-45-000-units/

> I would like to read more about this and
> reference it. Thanks. It would make sense for Ford to sell the 2009 up until
> April 17th 2009 then launch a 2009 1/2 model year then start the 2010. Makes
> the 2009 more unique unless their goal is to sell 2010 Mustangs for a very
> long sales year. I read elsewere the ecoboost motor was going to be used in
> the Stang. I would love to see Ford entertain the thoughts of 4-6-8 cylinder
> engines as well as other alternatives. Perhaps we will be seeing the same
> phylosophy as the SVO brought back soon?

I hope so. But this time it needs to be a budget version, not a high-
end model.

> To be honest all Ford has to do is
> drop the Mustangs weight to start becoming more fuel efficient.

I think we're [finally] going to be seeing weight loss being a very
big thing in the future, and I for one can't wait to see it happen!
We need a V8 Mustang [again] that weighs under 3,000 lbs.

Patrick

Old June 11th 08, 01:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Zombywoof wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Jun 2008 16:55:27 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
>
>> The 45th-anniversary ride of the Mustang will be a quick one. Ford
>> expects to build just 45,000 retail versions of the 2009 model.
>>
>> The car has few changes from the '08 model, and pony-car fans are
>> already clamoring for the redesigned 2010 Mustang, which is expected
>> to be shown later this year.
>>
>> Still, the plan will make the '09 considerably scarcer than Mustangs
>> in recent years. Ford sold 44,160 Mustangs through the first five
>> months of this year and 64,560 in the same period in 2007.
>>
>> The '09 Mustang gets a 45th-anniversary badge, an optional glass roof
>> and slightly updated Warriors in Pink trim. It's arriving in
>> dealerships now.
>>

> Pink Trim? Is the GLBT Version?
>> Meanwhile, anticipation continues to build for the redesigned Mustang,
>> which, like the original, will compete against the Dodge Challenger
>> and the Chevrolet Camaro.
>>
>> ---
>>
>> The next few years are going to very interesting in pony car land.
>> The new Camaro is going to get a 4-cylinder turbo and Ford is likely,
>> IMO, to use their new Ecotech engines in the Mustang. Yep, it's going
>> to be interesting...
>>

> With the current price of fuel, very interesting indeed.

My guess is that Ford is working to increase fuel mileage substantially
for all Mustang varieties. I would love to see a twin turbo V-6 option.
That would rock and if build strong enough would be a dream engine for
after market parts and tuning. I really hope they put the car on a
major weight diet.