friend made wrong U-turn, somebody came fast and hit friend car, other car didn't started, asking $2800 from my pocket

Old April 19th 07, 02:04 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
GS

Default friend made wrong U-turn, somebody came fast and hit friend car, other car didn't started, asking $2800 from my pocket

friend of mine made wrong U-turn, somebody came fast and hit my friend
car, friend car was damaged (car is starting, no problem for driving),
also other car headlight broke and that car didn't get started. the
other person says, your insyurance won't pay much for my car, if I
want car like this, I have to spend $1500 extra, so instead of going
through insurance, if you pay me $2800, this gets over. he is asking
for that money, I told gothrough insurance(I have full coverage), I
don't want to pay anything. that car is very old car. any suggestion,
appreciated.

Old April 19th 07, 07:03 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer

Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), in a sure sign
that the Apocalypse is upon us, someone calling themself GS said this
in rec.autos.driving:
> friend of mine made wrong U-turn, somebody came fast and hit my friend
> car, friend car was damaged (car is starting, no problem for driving),
> also other car headlight broke and that car didn't get started. the
> other person says, your insyurance won't pay much for my car, if I
> want car like this, I have to spend $1500 extra, so instead of going
> through insurance, if you pay me $2800, this gets over. he is asking
> for that money, I told gothrough insurance(I have full coverage), I
> don't want to pay anything. that car is very old car. any suggestion,
> appreciated.

Ummmmmm, if the accident involved your *friend's* car, then why is the
other person asking $2800.00US from *you* to replace the car???

--
"What about you? You got a problem with this?"
--Tony Soprano
Old April 20th 07, 12:51 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Larry Bud

On Apr 19, 9:04 am, GS > wrote:
> friend of mine made wrong U-turn, somebody came fast and hit my friend
> car, friend car was damaged (car is starting, no problem for driving),
> also other car headlight broke and that car didn't get started. the
> other person says, your insyurance won't pay much for my car, if I
> want car like this, I have to spend $1500 extra, so instead of going
> through insurance, if you pay me $2800, this gets over. he is asking
> for that money, I told gothrough insurance(I have full coverage), I
> don't want to pay anything. that car is very old car. any suggestion,
> appreciated.

Tonto say friend call own insurance company.

Old April 20th 07, 05:57 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Studemania

On Apr 19, 9:33 pm, Scott en Aztlán > wrote:
> Larry Bud > said in rec.autos.driving:
>
> >On Apr 19, 9:04 am, GS > wrote:
> >> friend of mine made wrong U-turn, somebody came fast and hit my friend
> >> car, friend car was damaged (car is starting, no problem for driving),
> >> also other car headlight broke and that car didn't get started. the
> >> other person says, your insyurance won't pay much for my car, if I
> >> want car like this, I have to spend $1500 extra, so instead of going
> >> through insurance, if you pay me $2800, this gets over. he is asking
> >> for that money, I told gothrough insurance(I have full coverage), I
> >> don't want to pay anything. that car is very old car. any suggestion,
> >> appreciated.

> >Tonto say friend call own insurance company.

> Ug! Kemosabe speak truth!!
> --
> Drive right. Pass left.

I think that the freind was driving the writers car.

The other drivers may have a good case and it might be worthwhile to
compromise as it looks like all coud be held at fault and insurance
rates will go up.

One tme there was an accident at a round-about with a couple of
clunkers getting minor damage.
The lady drivers were argueing and I suggested that they wereboth at
fault and they just forget the whole thing, except as a lesson.
They ladies dismissed me with, "We can talk care of this ourself,
thank you."

I walked away and heard one say to another, "But you hit me first."
ten years later I'm still tryng to figue that out!

Old sim friend lost Paulinho Simulators 1 November 29th 05 10:20 AM
Flexable friend Paulinho Simulators 8 October 13th 05 04:51 AM
OT Dremel is a friend of mine... Shag VW air cooled 10 June 12th 05 09:47 PM
The Car Dealer Is Not Your Best Friend...............I am!!! Michael Robbins Alfa Romeo 0 June 8th 05 03:19 PM
Interesting Discussion with a friend SteveH Alfa Romeo 4 May 4th 04 02:32 PM