so I visted a ford dealer tonight...

Old March 13th 08, 10:07 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_4_]

Default so I visted a ford dealer tonight...

Brent P wrote:
> In article >, N8N wrote:
>> On Mar 13, 12:35 pm, gpsman > wrote:
>>
>> (a bunch of ****)
>>
>> are you always a douchebag, or only when you post to Usenet?

> Ok Nate, I looked at gpstroll's post... when you snip him like that I
> know it has to be funny.
>
> lol.... I guess gpstroll missed this:
> http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...pidMustang.jpg
> when Scott posted it.

I didn't know there was a difference between a GT500 and a SHelby...

--

h4x0r5 0n teh yu0r pC??
OH NOS!!! Yu0r MEGAHURTZ HAEV BEEN ST0LED!!!!11!

http://tinyurl.com/yjm842
Old March 13th 08, 10:28 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, "WindsorFox wrote:
>Brent P wrote:
>> In article >, N8N wrote:
>>> On Mar 13, 12:35 pm, gpsman > wrote:
>>>
>>> (a bunch of ****)
>>>
>>> are you always a douchebag, or only when you post to Usenet?

>> Ok Nate, I looked at gpstroll's post... when you snip him like that I
>> know it has to be funny.
>>
>> lol.... I guess gpstroll missed this:
>> http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...pidMustang.jpg
>> when Scott posted it.

> I didn't know there was a difference between a GT500 and a SHelby...

I'm just going to go through what I know, so don't feel insulted if I
cover something simple

There's the Shelby GT500 mustang, that's the one actually priced about
right invoice/MSRP wise with the supercharged 5.4L, then there is the
shelby GT mustang.. which is really a mustang GT with a couple upgrades
and an appearance package... going for way too much MSRP wise over the
GT imo but I guess shelby's name badge does that. Dealers are then
adding significant premiums on both. How they find people dumb enough to
pay it I don't know. A GT500 at invoice would be great, at sticker it's
a so-so deal. Go above sticker and it's just buy something else that
isn't carrying the compromises of a basic V6 sporty car territory.

Beyond that... then there's the GT500KR, that I found is the one where
there are going to be 1000 made, I do not know what sticker is, six
figures is what I saw on ebay. But beyond there is the GT350H which is
the hertz car scott mentioned and few other mustang variants listed on
shelby's website.

Now that's just what carries the shelby badge. Ford also has the bullit
and then there is a mach 1 in the works. Furthermore there has been a
rebirth of the GT/CS nameplate. I figure twister specials and high
country specials can't be far away. I vaguely recall seeing something
online about a twister special. Throw into this mix the saleen and
roush mustangs and their multiple levels. I know I've missed some, but
there are just so many 'special' and 'collectable' mustangs now that I
can't see any of them being special in the long run.

Old March 13th 08, 10:55 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Frank ess

Brent P wrote:
> In article >, "WindsorFox wrote:
>> Brent P wrote:
>>> In article

>>> Ok Nate, I looked at gpstroll's post... when you snip him like
>>> that I
>>> know it has to be funny.
>>>
>>> lol.... I guess gpstroll missed this:
>>> http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...pidMustang.jpg
>>> when Scott posted it.

>> I didn't know there was a difference between a GT500 and a
>> SHelby...

> I'm just going to go through what I know, so don't feel insulted if
> I cover something simple
>
> There's the Shelby GT500 mustang, that's the one actually priced
> about right invoice/MSRP wise with the supercharged 5.4L, then
> there is the shelby GT mustang.. which is really a mustang GT with
> a couple upgrades and an appearance package... going for way too
> much MSRP wise over the GT imo but I guess shelby's name badge does
> that. Dealers are then adding significant premiums on both. How
> they find people dumb enough to pay it I don't know. A GT500 at
> invoice would be great, at sticker it's a so-so deal. Go above
> sticker and it's just buy something else that isn't carrying the
> compromises of a basic V6 sporty car territory.
>
> Beyond that... then there's the GT500KR, that I found is the one
> where there are going to be 1000 made, I do not know what sticker
> is, six figures is what I saw on ebay. But beyond there is the
> GT350H which is the hertz car scott mentioned and few other mustang
> variants listed on shelby's website.
>
> Now that's just what carries the shelby badge. Ford also has the
> bullit and then there is a mach 1 in the works. Furthermore there
> has been a rebirth of the GT/CS nameplate. I figure twister
> specials and high country specials can't be far away. I vaguely
> recall seeing something online about a twister special. Throw into
> this mix the saleen and roush mustangs and their multiple levels. I
> know I've missed some, but there are just so many 'special' and
> 'collectable' mustangs now that I can't see any of them being
> special in the long run.

If they're going to make ordinary cars with fancy appearance upgrades,
they ought at least to be fun, like the Terlinguas:
http://www.shelbyautos.com/news.asp?id=20

There is a history behind that name that doesn't really exist in the
same way for most of the others.

--
Frank ess

Old March 14th 08, 02:29 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
ND

"Frank ess" > wrote in message

> Brent P wrote:

>>> I didn't know there was a difference between a GT500 and a
>>> SHelby...

>> I'm just going to go through what I know, so don't feel insulted if
>> I cover something simple
>>
>> There's the Shelby GT500 mustang, that's the one actually priced
>> about right invoice/MSRP wise with the supercharged 5.4L, then
>> there is the shelby GT mustang.. which is really a mustang GT with
>> a couple upgrades and an appearance package... going for way too
>> much MSRP wise over the GT imo but I guess shelby's name badge does
>> that. Dealers are then adding significant premiums on both. How
>> they find people dumb enough to pay it I don't know. A GT500 at
>> invoice would be great, at sticker it's a so-so deal. Go above
>> sticker and it's just buy something else that isn't carrying the
>> compromises of a basic V6 sporty car territory.
>>
>> Beyond that... then there's the GT500KR, that I found is the one
>> where there are going to be 1000 made, I do not know what sticker
>> is, six figures is what I saw on ebay. But beyond there is the
>> GT350H which is the hertz car scott mentioned and few other mustang
>> variants listed on shelby's website.
>>
>> Now that's just what carries the shelby badge. Ford also has the
>> bullit and then there is a mach 1 in the works. Furthermore there
>> has been a rebirth of the GT/CS nameplate. I figure twister
>> specials and high country specials can't be far away. I vaguely
>> recall seeing something online about a twister special. Throw into
>> this mix the saleen and roush mustangs and their multiple levels. I
>> know I've missed some, but there are just so many 'special' and
>> 'collectable' mustangs now that I can't see any of them being
>> special in the long run.

> If they're going to make ordinary cars with fancy appearance upgrades,
> they ought at least to be fun, like the Terlinguas:
> http://www.shelbyautos.com/news.asp?id=20
>
> There is a history behind that name that doesn't really exist in the same
> way for most of the others.
>
> --
> Frank ess

What's your take on the Saleen Parneli Jones? I really like it although imo
all Mustang's are diluted by the gluttony of to many variations.

Nick

Old March 14th 08, 04:51 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
ND

"Scott in SoCal" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 09:46:29 -0500,
> (Brent P) wrote:
>
>>In article >, Scott in SoCal
>>wrote:

>>>The plus side is the Hertz units are the only ones with any likelihood
>>>of becoming truly collectible in the future.

>>They are all future collectibles, everything ford's marketing says is
>>special will be worth 6 figures or more in today's money... that's what
>>ford marketing wants everyone to believe....

> But how many of the Hertz versions were produced? Probably not too
> many, and many of those will be destroyed by renters. The ones that
> survive will be pretty rare, I'm guessing.

Nobody has a crystal ball or any guarantees on future investments for that
matter. It's like trying to predict the weather. Just cause something has a
history doesn't mean its worth allot, good example the Shelby CSX the
Chrysler era or better yet error. Just because its rare doesn't make it
worthy either, example the Bricklin.

>>I just don't see any reason they will be anything like the cars of the
>>60s.

> Cars of the 60s don't hold a candle to modern cars in terms of power,
> handling, or safety. I love the shape of the C3 Corvettes, but when it
> came time to buy one I never even considered any of them.
> --
> "Dave's not here, man!"
> - Tommy Chong

Today's modern cars wont hold a candle to tomorrows. Just hope you have a
fuel source to drive your classics otherwise they make for a large piece of
yard artwork.

Nick

Old March 14th 08, 06:15 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Frank ess

ND wrote:
> "Frank ess" > wrote in message
>>

>> Brent P wrote:

>>> I'm just going to go through what I know, so don't feel insulted
>>> if I cover something simple
>>>
>>> There's the Shelby GT500 mustang, that's the one actually priced
>>> about right invoice/MSRP wise with the supercharged 5.4L, then
>>> there is the shelby GT mustang.. which is really a mustang GT with
>>> a couple upgrades and an appearance package... going for way too
>>> much MSRP wise over the GT imo but I guess shelby's name badge
>>> does that. Dealers are then adding significant premiums on both.
>>> How they find people dumb enough to pay it I don't know. A GT500
>>> at invoice would be great, at sticker it's a so-so deal. Go above
>>> sticker and it's just buy something else that isn't carrying the
>>> compromises of a basic V6 sporty car territory.
>>>
>>> Beyond that... then there's the GT500KR, that I found is the one
>>> where there are going to be 1000 made, I do not know what sticker
>>> is, six figures is what I saw on ebay. But beyond there is the
>>> GT350H which is the hertz car scott mentioned and few other
>>> mustang variants listed on shelby's website.
>>>
>>> Now that's just what carries the shelby badge. Ford also has the
>>> bullit and then there is a mach 1 in the works. Furthermore there
>>> has been a rebirth of the GT/CS nameplate. I figure twister
>>> specials and high country specials can't be far away. I vaguely
>>> recall seeing something online about a twister special. Throw into
>>> this mix the saleen and roush mustangs and their multiple levels.
>>> I know I've missed some, but there are just so many 'special' and
>>> 'collectable' mustangs now that I can't see any of them being
>>> special in the long run.

>> If they're going to make ordinary cars with fancy appearance
>> upgrades, they ought at least to be fun, like the Terlinguas:
>> http://www.shelbyautos.com/news.asp?id=20
>>
>> There is a history behind that name that doesn't really exist in
>> the same way for most of the others.
>>
>> --
>> Frank ess

> What's your take on the Saleen Parneli Jones? I really like it
> although imo all Mustang's are diluted by the gluttony of to many
> variations.
> Nick

I was a Parnelli fan in the Trans-Am era, and still get a thrill when
the cars show up at vintage racing events. Seems to me Saleen did a
good job of dragging some of that ethos onto the S197. I haven't
looked at prices for a few months, but my memory is that they are
expensive but not as much as the Shelbys.

Realistically, some who buy them will be quite pleased and store or
drive them without alteration, but a real nut will make some changes
to suit his uses or taste. Everyone has to decide if - for same or
similar money - they could come up with a car that fits them better,
and if they'd be satisfied with a good performer that doesn't have the
"mystique" of the aftermarket-name modifiers. I liked the
"Minilite-inspired" wheels enough to find and buy some (powder coated
black), but don't need the horsepower, color, and decals.

But I /do/ like the Saleen PJ Mustang as a concept with genuine battle
medals, and I like to look at the cars. They just don't fit any
position in my current circumstances.

--
Frank ess

Old March 14th 08, 12:24 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, Scott in SoCal wrote:

>But how many of the Hertz versions were produced? Probably not too
>many, and many of those will be destroyed by renters. The ones that
>survive will be pretty rare, I'm guessing.

I think almost all of them will survive. They won't be dumped at some
rental car auction like the '66s were.

>Cars of the 60s don't hold a candle to modern cars in terms of power,
>handling, or safety.

That doesn't matter. Most of them were used up, crushed, dumped on used
car lots, etc. Special ones were built,sold,driven, etc with little
care. I remember seeing a BOSS 429 just sitting outside some little
speed shop in Harvey in the 80s. Sitting outdoors with little
protection. Nobody touched it. For those that don't know Harvey started
going down hill in the late 60s. The mall the blues brothers drive
through is in harvey. The ruin of that mall is still there today. It's
been closed since at least 1978.

Old March 14th 08, 03:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_4_]

WindsorFox<SS> wrote:
> gpsman wrote:
>>
>> "If you don't deserve a car like this, or if it's simply beyond your
>> means, perhaps I can show you something more modest...?"
>> -----

> Perhaps we can show you the door.

Jim Warman inattentively writ:

I don't think he's too far out of line.... Some salesmen can smell a
tire
kicker from a thousand yards.... and this smells like a tire kicker....

So... what's the deal, right? Salesweasels should shower all kinds of
effort
impressing a non-customer?

The auto industry is treated so different from other areas of the
marketplace....

Those things that I know have come to me at some expense.. time spent
reading technical douments, time spent working at less than 100%
efficiency.... time spent recovering from my errors... But someone will
walk
up and expect me to part with this intellectual property for free....

When I had my own store, people would swear at me and call me names because
I expected to be paid for something as simple as a few feet of wire....
From
this, I understand that I buy wire by the roll so I can give it away by the
foot...... WTF is that? If this is right, c'mon guys... give me stuff.... I
don't care what you paid for it.... GIVE it to me!!!!!

The world is already full of wasted time... why add to it? If you ain't
gonna buy, why ask? Anyone get swollen 'nads because they look like champs
discussing a car they wont buy?

Give me a ****ing break.... You don't like having your time wasted... why
expect others to lap it up????