Overheating SL2 Problem

Old October 9th 07, 10:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Default Overheating SL2 Problem

Hi all, my '97 SL2 has been overheating over the past 2 weeks. I was
driving on the hiway at about 65, came to the exit ramp, idled at the
stop light for about 45 seconds or so and the needle shot to HOT. I
thought that driving it a few more blocks might cool it off, but it
was stop & go traffic, unfortunately. Well, I pulled over into a
commuter lot and the coolant started spewing out of the tank. Long
story short, I had it towed home and started it in the driveway and
within 10 minutes it began overheating..but, and here's the part I
don;t like-slight water vapor was coming from the tailpipe...any
suggestions? Thanks!
Jay

Old October 10th 07, 02:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
James1549

First, is the coolant fan running when it shows the engine is hot?
Does the coolant fan work if you turn on the A/C? Possible stuck or
partial stuck thermostat? Worse case sinerio, bad head or head gasket.
Check your oil level, and be sure no coolant is getting into the
crankcase.

James

Overheating problem crispycritter Technology 6 August 15th 06 11:49 AM
'98 TJ Overheating Problem GTK Jeep 3 August 2nd 06 10:41 PM
Overheating Problem? pnutty Ford Explorer 6 November 3rd 05 04:59 AM
Overheating problem '97 TJ Endo Jeep 12 July 20th 05 03:27 AM
Overheating problem Mike Saturn 4 May 29th 04 06:50 PM