Difficulty getting into reverse

Old April 3rd 08, 08:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Esteban

Default Difficulty getting into reverse

Hi folks,
The car in question is a '05, 4.6 SOHC (MFI) with a manual transmission.
Quite some time ago, I asked this group if anyone had any problems getting
the transmission into reverse. Well, today I took the car in for the 30,000
mile check up, which included draining and refiling of the transmission.
When the job was done I noticed as I was backing out of the parking spot the
shifter went into reverse like it was new. I used reverse 4 times on the
trip home and it worked great all times.
Steve