Honda sun visor surgery

Old August 11th 07, 12:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

Default Honda sun visor surgery

Good evening. Welcome to Tegger's Friday Night Slide Show.

<clears throat, shuffles paper, takes sip of water>

My driver's side sun visor was very much worse for the wear after sixteen
years of protecting my eyes from the damaging rays of that nuclear
holocaust flaming just 93 million miles away.

The visor felt like it was crumbling to nothing inside, and it was getting
baggy and saggy besides. Not Tegger material of course, so it needed to be
replaced.

Needless to say, I just had to slice up the old one to see what was inside
of it. You know what was in there? Foam rubber, wire, and the same sort of
corrugated cardboard you find in shipping boxes.

See for yourself.
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/sunvisor/

The foam had dried out and crumbled with age. The corrugated was your
typical Asian bamboo crap, recycled umpteen times, and was also broken up.
now I know why the thing felt like flimsy cloth and sagged so badly.

Interesting is the mechanism that keeps the visor from flopping down when
you don't want it to. There is a black spring clip that bears against the
wire, providing the necessary friction against the wire frame. Simple,
cheap and reliable.

A new visor was eighty dollars at the dealer. It's probably the only thing
on my '91 'Teg that's held on by Torx screws.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old August 11th 07, 12:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

Tegger > wrote in
:

> Good evening. Welcome to Tegger's Friday Night Slide Show.
>
> <clears throat, shuffles paper, takes sip of water>

<snip blah blah blah>

I forgot to thank everyone for coming.

Refreshments are served just outside the door. The place closes at 11.

Old August 11th 07, 01:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Howard Lester

"Tegger" wrote

> <snip blah blah blah>
>

> I forgot to thank everyone for coming.
>
> Refreshments are served just outside the door. The place closes at 11.

"It's a quarter to three.... there's no one in the place...
Except you and meeeeee....."

Old August 11th 07, 02:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

"Howard Lester" > wrote in
:

> "Tegger" wrote
>
>> <snip blah blah blah>
>>

>> I forgot to thank everyone for coming.
>>
>> Refreshments are served just outside the door. The place closes at 11.

> "It's a quarter to three.... there's no one in the place...
> Except you and meeeeee....."

....so set 'em up Joe,
I've got a little story you ought to know,
We're drinking my friend,
To the end of a brief episode,
Make it one for my baby, & one for the road...

Now wasn't that refreshing?

Old August 11th 07, 03:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Howard Lester

"Tegger" wrote

>> "It's a quarter to three.... there's no one in the place...
>> Except you and meeeeee....."

> ...so set 'em up Joe,
> I've got a little story you ought to know,
> We're drinking my friend,
> To the end of a brief episode,
> Make it one for my baby, & one for the road...
>
> Now wasn't that refreshing?

*hic*

The tables are empty,
The dance floor's deserted.
You play the same love song
It's the tenth time you've heard it....

That's the beginning...
Just one of the clues.
You've had your first lesson -
In learnin' the blues.....

*pour me anudder, Joe...*

Old August 11th 07, 07:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
HaroldWho

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 19:21:37 -0700, Howard Lester wrote in
rec.autos.makers.honda:

> "Tegger" wrote
>
>>> "It's a quarter to three.... there's no one in the place...
>>> Except you and meeeeee....."

>> ...so set 'em up Joe,
>> I've got a little story you ought to know,
>> We're drinking my friend,
>> To the end of a brief episode,
>> Make it one for my baby, & one for the road...
>>
>> Now wasn't that refreshing?

> *hic*
>
> The tables are empty,
> The dance floor's deserted.
> You play the same love song
> It's the tenth time you've heard it....
>
> That's the beginning...
> Just one of the clues.
> You've had your first lesson -
> In learnin' the blues.....
>
> *pour me anudder, Joe...*

Hoo boy! Now I know why I lurk on this NG regularly.

Thanks for the momories, guys. (Was that a song cue?)

HaroldWho
--
Powered by Slackware 11.0 Linux -- Kernel 2.6.13
News Reader slrn 0.9.8.1

Old August 11th 07, 10:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Howard Lester

"HaroldWho" wrote

> Thanks for the momories, guys. (Was that a song cue?)

Hit it, Bob!

Thanks... for the memory.
Of sentimental verse, nothing in my purse.
And chuckles when the preacher said "for better or for worse...."
How lovely it was.... my '82 Civic: my first of four consecutive Hondas....

Old August 12th 07, 03:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tony Harding

Howard Lester wrote:
> "Tegger" wrote
>
>> <snip blah blah blah>
>>

>> I forgot to thank everyone for coming.
>>
>> Refreshments are served just outside the door. The place closes at 11.

> "It's a quarter to three.... there's no one in the place...
> Except you and meeeeee...

Thank you, you've been a great audience! I'll be here all week, don't
forget to tip your waitresses.

Old August 12th 07, 04:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
bmwgolfguy[_7_]

It's called a junk yard Tegger.

Good Luck!:grinno:

--
bmwgolfguy
bmwgolfguy's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=462780

http://www.automotiveforums.com

Old August 17th 07, 06:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Frank Boettcher

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 23:44:07 +0000 (UTC), Tegger >
wrote:

>The foam had dried out and crumbled with age. The corrugated was your
>typical Asian bamboo crap, recycled umpteen times, and was also broken up.
>now I know why the thing felt like flimsy cloth and sagged so badly.

On my '90 accord, I've not had that problem. Long before they can get
old someone will move the visor to the door position to block the sun,
forget to return it and the automatic motorized seat belts will snap
them off.

Frank