Tires For an 00 XJ

Old February 4th 11, 10:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Steve[_42_]

Default Tires For an 00 XJ

Anybody want to talk me out of Hankook Dynapro ATM 225/75R16 ($165.88)?
Also looking at Michelin M\S2 225/70R16 ($175.70) because I've had two
sets of the Michelin LTX M\S on a 98 ZJ which gave me close to 90k
miles. Also considering Michelin AT2 225/75R16 ($246.10).
Currently running Mickey Thompson Baja MTX LT225/75R16 but looking for
something more road friendly. PMetric or LT?
Original equipment was 225/70R16.
Thanks
Steve

Old February 5th 11, 12:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW[_2_]

Steve wrote:
> Anybody want to talk me out of Hankook Dynapro ATM 225/75R16
> ($165.88)? Also looking at Michelin M\S2 225/70R16 ($175.70) because
> I've had two sets of the Michelin LTX M\S on a 98 ZJ which gave me
> close to 90k miles. Also considering Michelin AT2 225/75R16
> ($246.10). Currently running Mickey Thompson Baja MTX LT225/75R16 but looking for
> something more road friendly. PMetric or LT?
> Original equipment was 225/70R16.
> Thanks
> Steve

All I can say is I've ran the Mich LTX M/S and loved them.

--
DougW

Old February 5th 11, 01:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Old Crow

"Steve" > wrote in message
> Anybody want to talk me out of Hankook Dynapro ATM 225/75R16 ($165.88)?
> Also looking at Michelin M\S2 225/70R16 ($175.70) because I've had two
> sets of the Michelin LTX M\S on a 98 ZJ which gave me close to 90k miles.
> Also considering Michelin AT2 225/75R16 ($246.10).
> Currently running Mickey Thompson Baja MTX LT225/75R16 but looking for
> something more road friendly. PMetric or LT?
> Original equipment was 225/70R16.
> Thanks
> Steve

I'm not gonna try and talk you out of the Hankooks.
I just put a set on my YJ and in the snow I go places in 2wd that my wife's
YJ has to be in 4hi to go. A lot of people around here use them and
everybody I talked to before I got them loved them.
I've only got about 1500 miles on them so I can't say how they'll last, but
one guy who's got them on an '09 Chevy 1/2ton said he's had the same wheels
and tires on 3 trucks and they've got over 70k miles on them(they're about
worn out now, though).
I'm running 30x9.50-15s on stock YJ aluminum rims. I've had several sets of
different brands in the same size in the past and I notice that the Hankooks
are "clearancing" the flairs a bit more than they already were.

--
Old Crow
'82 FLTC(P) 92"

Old February 5th 11, 03:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Steve[_42_]

On 2/5/2011 8:14 AM, Old Crow wrote:
> "Steve" > wrote in message
>> Anybody want to talk me out of Hankook Dynapro ATM 225/75R16
>> ($165.88)? Also looking at Michelin M\S2 225/70R16 ($175.70) because
>> I've had two sets of the Michelin LTX M\S on a 98 ZJ which gave me
>> close to 90k miles. Also considering Michelin AT2 225/75R16 ($246.10).
>> Currently running Mickey Thompson Baja MTX LT225/75R16 but looking for
>> something more road friendly. PMetric or LT?
>> Original equipment was 225/70R16.
>> Thanks
>> Steve
>>

> I'm not gonna try and talk you out of the Hankooks.
> I just put a set on my YJ and in the snow I go places in 2wd that my
> wife's YJ has to be in 4hi to go. A lot of people around here use them
> and everybody I talked to before I got them loved them.
> I've only got about 1500 miles on them so I can't say how they'll last,
> but one guy who's got them on an '09 Chevy 1/2ton said he's had the same
> wheels and tires on 3 trucks and they've got over 70k miles on
> them(they're about worn out now, though).
> I'm running 30x9.50-15s on stock YJ aluminum rims. I've had several sets
> of different brands in the same size in the past and I notice that the
> Hankooks are "clearancing" the flairs a bit more than they already were.

How's the noise on the road? Thanks for the feedback.
Old February 5th 11, 04:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Steve[_42_]

On 2/4/2011 7:28 PM, DougW wrote:
> Steve wrote:
>> Anybody want to talk me out of Hankook Dynapro ATM 225/75R16
>> ($165.88)? Also looking at Michelin M\S2 225/70R16 ($175.70) because
>> I've had two sets of the Michelin LTX M\S on a 98 ZJ which gave me
>> close to 90k miles. Also considering Michelin AT2 225/75R16
>> ($246.10). Currently running Mickey Thompson Baja MTX LT225/75R16 but looking for
>> something more road friendly. PMetric or LT?
>> Original equipment was 225/70R16.
>> Thanks
>> Steve

> All I can say is I've ran the Mich LTX M/S and loved them.

Yeah, so have I. Got close to 90K on my wife's ZJ. Put another set on
but sold the ZJ when they only had about 12K on them. Would have moved
them to the XJ but they were 15"
Old February 6th 11, 02:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Old Crow

"Steve" > wrote in message
> On 2/5/2011 8:14 AM, Old Crow wrote:
>> "Steve" > wrote in message
>>> Anybody want to talk me out of Hankook Dynapro ATM 225/75R16
>>> ($165.88)? Also looking at Michelin M\S2 225/70R16 ($175.70) because
>>> I've had two sets of the Michelin LTX M\S on a 98 ZJ which gave me
>>> close to 90k miles. Also considering Michelin AT2 225/75R16 ($246.10).
>>> Currently running Mickey Thompson Baja MTX LT225/75R16 but looking for
>>> something more road friendly. PMetric or LT?
>>> Original equipment was 225/70R16.
>>> Thanks
>>> Steve
>>>

>> I'm not gonna try and talk you out of the Hankooks.
>> I just put a set on my YJ and in the snow I go places in 2wd that my
>> wife's YJ has to be in 4hi to go. A lot of people around here use them
>> and everybody I talked to before I got them loved them.
>> I've only got about 1500 miles on them so I can't say how they'll last,
>> but one guy who's got them on an '09 Chevy 1/2ton said he's had the same
>> wheels and tires on 3 trucks and they've got over 70k miles on
>> them(they're about worn out now, though).
>> I'm running 30x9.50-15s on stock YJ aluminum rims. I've had several sets
>> of different brands in the same size in the past and I notice that the
>> Hankooks are "clearancing" the flairs a bit more than they already were.
>>

> How's the noise on the road? Thanks for the feedback.

It's a soft top Wrangler. Actually, I'm pleasantly surprised, hardly any
tire noise at all.

Old February 6th 11, 02:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Steve[_42_]

On 2/5/2011 9:14 PM, Old Crow wrote:
> "Steve" > wrote in message
>>>>

>>> I'm not gonna try and talk you out of the Hankooks.
>>> I just put a set on my YJ and in the snow I go places in 2wd that my
>>> wife's YJ has to be in 4hi to go. A lot of people around here use them
>>> and everybody I talked to before I got them loved them.
>>> I've only got about 1500 miles on them so I can't say how they'll last,
>>> but one guy who's got them on an '09 Chevy 1/2ton said he's had the same
>>> wheels and tires on 3 trucks and they've got over 70k miles on
>>> them(they're about worn out now, though).
>>> I'm running 30x9.50-15s on stock YJ aluminum rims. I've had several sets
>>> of different brands in the same size in the past and I notice that the
>>> Hankooks are "clearancing" the flairs a bit more than they already were.
>>>

>> How's the noise on the road? Thanks for the feedback.

> It's a soft top Wrangler. Actually, I'm pleasantly surprised, hardly any
> tire noise at all.

Good one.
Old February 8th 11, 02:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Lon

On 2/4/2011 17:28 PM, DougW wrote:
> Steve wrote:
>> Anybody want to talk me out of Hankook Dynapro ATM 225/75R16
>> ($165.88)? Also looking at Michelin M\S2 225/70R16 ($175.70) because
>> I've had two sets of the Michelin LTX M\S on a 98 ZJ which gave me
>> close to 90k miles. Also considering Michelin AT2 225/75R16
>> ($246.10). Currently running Mickey Thompson Baja MTX LT225/75R16 but looking for
>> something more road friendly. PMetric or LT?
>> Original equipment was 225/70R16.
>> Thanks
>> Steve

> All I can say is I've ran the Mich LTX M/S and loved them.

I ran the Michelin M+S and loved them as well for pretty much anything
but hardcore. Migrated to the AT-2 and also like them, but they are
noisier on pavement, I dont notice a huge improvement in grassy muck,
possibly some. AT-2 a tad better on snow, but I normally run studded
snows in the winter time since the snow tends to get deep in Colorado.
When the AT-2s wear down, will most likely go back to the M+S

Old February 9th 11, 03:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Steve[_42_]

On 2/7/2011 9:28 PM, Lon wrote:
> On 2/4/2011 17:28 PM, DougW wrote:
>> Steve wrote:
>>> Anybody want to talk me out of Hankook Dynapro ATM 225/75R16
>>> ($165.88)? Also looking at Michelin M\S2 225/70R16 ($175.70) because
>>> I've had two sets of the Michelin LTX M\S on a 98 ZJ which gave me
>>> close to 90k miles. Also considering Michelin AT2 225/75R16
>>> ($246.10). Currently running Mickey Thompson Baja MTX LT225/75R16 but
>>> looking for
>>> something more road friendly. PMetric or LT?
>>> Original equipment was 225/70R16.
>>> Thanks
>>> Steve

>> All I can say is I've ran the Mich LTX M/S and loved them.
>>

> I ran the Michelin M+S and loved them as well for pretty much anything
> but hardcore. Migrated to the AT-2 and also like them, but they are
> noisier on pavement, I dont notice a huge improvement in grassy muck,
> possibly some. AT-2 a tad better on snow, but I normally run studded
> snows in the winter time since the snow tends to get deep in Colorado.
> When the AT-2s wear down, will most likely go back to the M+S

I'm leaning towards the Michelin LTX M/S2. Thanks.
Old February 10th 11, 02:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Lon

On 2/8/2011 20:10 PM, Steve wrote:
> On 2/7/2011 9:28 PM, Lon wrote:
>>>
>>> All I can say is I've ran the Mich LTX M/S and loved them.
>>>

>> I ran the Michelin M+S and loved them as well for pretty much anything
>> but hardcore. Migrated to the AT-2 and also like them, but they are
>> noisier on pavement, I dont notice a huge improvement in grassy muck,
>> possibly some. AT-2 a tad better on snow, but I normally run studded
>> snows in the winter time since the snow tends to get deep in Colorado.
>> When the AT-2s wear down, will most likely go back to the M+S
>>

> I'm leaning towards the Michelin LTX M/S2. Thanks.

I predict you'll be very happy and they may outlast your vehicle.

OEM Tires, Optional OEM tires, and totally off-the-wall tires Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B Technology 68 September 12th 07 03:08 AM
Winter drivinng: FWD and RWD with snow tires vs. AWD with all-season tires - what people who have done the tests say GRL BMW 27 February 26th 06 06:27 PM
FS: 5'er Snow Tires: Wheels and Tires Nik BMW 5 December 16th 05 12:36 AM
Quiet tires=soft tires? Frank Honda 8 March 16th 05 07:40 PM
Winter tires vs offroad tires. Goldhawk 4x4 5 January 5th 05 09:34 PM