Coping With The New CAFÉ Standards OR Defying the Laws of Physics

Old February 27th 08, 05:20 AM posted to sci.environment,rec.autos.driving,alt.politics.democrats
V-for-Vendicar

Default Coping With The New CAFE Standards, leotard78sp whines again..

"Nate Nagel" > wrote
> And the businesses create money out of their asses to hand out to
> employees,

No, they offer a product or service to consumers who are willing to pay for
that product or service.

"Nate Nagel" > wrote
> who they hire out of the goodness of their warm, generous hearts so that
> the employees can all maintain a pleasant standard of living. Right.

Why not ask all those fine outstaning AmeriKKKan companies who heard the
great sucking sound and moved their operations off short to second and third
world countries so that they could cut costs.

By the way, were those AmeriKKKan jobs now being done in India and China
in order to increase corporate profits, no longer as valuable once India and
China came into play?

And are you ready for this summer's $4.50 a gallon gasoline?

Old February 27th 08, 05:33 AM posted to sci.environment,rec.autos.driving,alt.politics.democrats
V-for-Vendicar

"Brent P" > wrote
> But how is this legal plunder to be identified? Quite simply. See if the
> law takes from some persons what belongs to them, and gives it to other
> persons to whom it does not belong.

How dare the state require that adult men be forced to pay child support.

That makes their children nothing more than parasites.

Right Brent....

Old February 27th 08, 05:46 AM posted to sci.environment,rec.autos.driving,alt.politics.democrats
V-for-Vendicar

"Nate Nagel" > wrote
> All I'm saying is you can either lead or follow.

Management follows the instructions from upper management.

"Nate Nagel" > wrote
> You show no inclination to be a leader, which is just as well, because
> you're demonstrably stupid.

Actually, I'm a natural leader and people always turn to me for leadership
and advice on leadership and management.

I simply have no interest in leading incompetent apes in the performance
of menial tasks that are orders of magnitude beneath me.

Someone has to manage the you apes to be sure. But then someone has to be
a proctologist as well.

No thinking person has an interest in being either.

Old February 27th 08, 06:22 AM posted to sci.environment,rec.autos.driving,alt.politics.democrats
V-for-Vendicar

"Nate Nagel" > wrote
> I can only imagine the kind of person so unable to think for himself that
> he'd turn to you for guidance, and it frightens me.

My advise to you is to run up as high a debt as possible and push it off
on your children before you die.

It's the RepubliKKKan thing to do.

Old February 27th 08, 06:24 AM posted to sci.environment,rec.autos.driving,alt.politics.democrats
V-for-Vendicar

"bill" > wrote>
> This was simply a lie. he has delusions of *adequacy*. He
> probably is the smartest one in hes "special education" class and his
> downs syndrome classmates look to him since he's a low grade semi-
> moron rather than a full blown retard.

Billy Boy must be really angry that his tax paying delusions have been
exposed as the hokum and accounting fraud that they are.

But then, Fraud is every KKKonservative's middle name.

Old February 27th 08, 06:26 AM posted to sci.environment,rec.autos.driving,alt.politics.democrats
V-for-Vendicar

"bill" > wrote

Old February 27th 08, 07:02 AM posted to sci.environment,rec.autos.driving,alt.politics.democrats
bill

On Feb 26, 11:12 pm, (Matthew T.
Russotto) wrote:
> In article >,
> Nate Nagel > wrote:
>
> >V-for-Vendicar wrote:

> >> Sorry, your employer's payments are not part of your wages and never have
> >> been.

> >> Those payments are part of the cost of maintaining the corporate machinery.

> >You have a mindset that makes you well suited to hold a "job."

> Actually, he has a mindset which makes him well suited to collect
> welfare.

Actually, he has a mindset which makes him well suited to living in an
asylum. He isn't nearly coherent enough to collect welfare.
Old February 27th 08, 07:19 AM posted to sci.environment,rec.autos.driving,alt.politics.democrats
V-for-Vendicar

"Matthew T. Russotto" > wrote
> Actually, he has a mindset which makes him well suited to collect
> welfare.

Oh, look. I've been insulted by an Inferior. How will I cope with the
pressure?

Ahahahahahahahahahaahh...........

Meanwhile outside of the fantasy land of KKKonservatopia.

Stabilizing Climate Requires Near-zero Carbon Emissions

In the study, to be published in Geophysical Research Letters, climate
scientists Ken Caldeira and Damon Matthews used an Earth system model at the
Carnegie Institution's Department of Global Ecology to simulate the response
of
the Earth's climate to different levels of carbon dioxide emission over the
next
500 years. The model, a sophisticated computer program developed at the
University of Victoria, Canada, takes into account the flow of heat between
the
atmosphere and oceans, as well as other factors such as the uptake of carbon
dioxide by land vegetation, in its calculations.

This is the first peer-reviewed study to investigate what level of carbon
dioxide emission would be needed to prevent further warming of our planet.
"Most scientific and policy discussions about avoiding climate change have
centered on what emissions would be needed to stabilize greenhouse gases in
the
atmosphere," says Caldeira. "But stabilizing greenhouse gases does not
equate to
a stable climate. We studied what emissions would be needed to stabilize
climate
in the foreseeable future."

The scientists investigated how much climate changes as a result of each
individual emission of carbon dioxide, and found that each increment of
emission
leads to another increment of warming. So, if we want to avoid additional
warming, we need to avoid additional emissions.

With emissions set to zero in the simulations, the level of carbon dioxide
in
the atmosphere slowly fell as carbon "sinks" such as the oceans and land
vegetation absorbed the gas. Surprisingly, however, the model predicted that
global temperatures would remain high for at least 500 years after carbon
dioxide emissions ceased.

Just as an iron skillet will stay hot and keep cooking after the stove
burner's
turned off, heat held in the oceans will keep the climate warm even as the
heating effect of greenhouse gases diminishes. Adding more greenhouse gases,
even at a rate lower than today, would worsen the situation and the effects
would persist for centuries.

"What if we were to discover tomorrow that a climate catastrophe was
imminent if
our planet warmed any further? To reduce emissions enough to avoid this
catastrophe, we would have to cut them close to zero - and right away," says
Caldeira.

Global carbon dioxide emissions and atmospheric carbon dioxide
concentrations
are both growing at record rates. Even if we could freeze emissions at today's
levels, atmospheric carbon dioxide concentrations would continue to
increase. If
we could stabilize atmospheric carbon dioxide concentrations, which would
require deep cuts in emissions, the Earth would continue heating up.
Matthews
and Caldeira found that to prevent the Earth from heating further, carbon
dioxide emissions would, effectively, need to be eliminated.

While eliminating carbon dioxide emissions may seem like a radical idea,
Caldeira sees it as a feasible goal. "It is just not that hard to solve the
technological challenges," he says. "We can develop and deploy wind
turbines,
electric cars, and so on, and live well without damaging the environment.
The
future can be better than the present, but we have to take steps to start
kicking the CO2 habit now, so we won't need to go cold turkey later."
Journal reference: Matthews, H. D., and K. Caldeira (2008), Stabilizing
climate
requires near-zero emissions, Geophysical Research Letters,
doi:10.1029/2007GL032388,

Old February 27th 08, 01:51 PM posted to sci.environment,rec.autos.driving,alt.politics.democrats
N8N

On Feb 27, 1:22*am, "V-for-Vendicar"
> wrote:
> "Nate Nagel" > wrote
>
> > I can only imagine the kind of person so unable to think for himself that
> > he'd turn to you for guidance, and it frightens me.

> * My advise to you is to run up as high a debt as possible and push it off
> on your children before you die.
>
> * It's the RepubliKKKan thing to do.

Let's see... no kids, and no significant debt outside of my mortgage.
Try again.

nate

(I say no "significant" debt, because I tend to use my credit card for
day to day expenses a lot. Hey, if they're going to lend me money for
free for a whole month, why shouldn't I take advantage of it?)
Old February 27th 08, 08:49 PM posted to sci.environment,rec.autos.driving,alt.politics.democrats
Matthew T. Russotto

In article >,
bill > wrote:
>On Feb 26, 11:12 pm, (Matthew T.
>Russotto) wrote:
>> In article >,
>> Nate Nagel > wrote:

>> >You have a mindset that makes you well suited to hold a "job."

>> Actually, he has a mindset which makes him well suited to collect
>> welfare.

>Actually, he has a mindset which makes him well suited to living in an
>asylum. He isn't nearly coherent enough to collect welfare.

The way it works is they get themselves checked into a state hospital
for evaulation. They're not quite crazy enough to be committed, so
they get out and assigned a social worker. The social worker helps them to
collect welfare and get some meds, which they do for a while, then
they stop taking the meds for some reason and end up back in the
hospital for another evalution, and the cycle repeats.
result in a fully-depreciated one.

Coping with trucks on the road richard Driving 10 October 5th 06 06:06 AM
Laws for Kennedys vs. laws for the rest of us laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE Driving 10 May 9th 06 07:57 PM
SAE Horsepower Standards To Change [email protected] Ford Mustang 39 August 8th 05 12:25 AM
O.T. Standards FrankW Jeep 0 March 29th 05 03:32 PM
Emission standards Remco BMW 0 December 27th 04 04:19 PM