Aftermarket parts in new Civic with Warranty

Old December 25th 05, 08:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default Aftermarket parts in new Civic with Warranty

I have a Civic VP 2005 and I want to install an aftermarket
powerlock+keyless entry system into it. I want to know if this will
void my warranty.

Old December 25th 05, 04:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Kent Finnell wrote:
> Suspension mods, wheels & tires rarely void warranties.

a lift kit will, quite easily.
Old December 25th 05, 08:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Kent Finnell wrote:
> "SoCalMike" > wrote in message
>> Kent Finnell wrote:
>>> Suspension mods, wheels & tires rarely void warranties.

>> a lift kit will, quite easily.

> IF CLEARLY the mod caused the problem. Who raises Hondas anyway?

with hondas, sure. but with lifted trucks, unless you do it after the
warranty expires, youre assed out if you have a tranny, driveshaft, or
rear end related failure.
Old December 25th 05, 08:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:
> In article >,
> "Kent Finnell" > wrote:
>
>> Of course the manufacturer's rep is going
>> to deny at first application, fully expecting the customer to meekly
>> retreat. Many do.

> Makes me think of Mitsubishi monitoring the web boards, looking for
> people who race their Evos. Said cars immediately have the warranty
> voided.

mitsubishi, isuzu, suzuki will all likely be gone from the USA within 5
years anyway. theyre all dying.
Old December 26th 05, 05:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Kent Finnell wrote:
> "SoCalMike" > wrote in message
>> Kent Finnell wrote:
>>> IF CLEARLY the mod caused the problem. Who raises Hondas anyway?

>> with hondas, sure. but with lifted trucks, unless you do it after the
>> warranty expires, youre assed out if you have a tranny, driveshaft, or
>> rear end related failure.

> Because the driveshaft angle changes to the point of causing damage to the

not just that. throwing a set of superswampers with some nice aluminum
rims makes the outside diameter of the wheel/tire unit MUCH larger than
stock. this puts added stress on the tranny and rear especially to the
point where beefing up the actual parts is necessary.

> complex whole. Damage can also be caused by excessive lowering, using the
> wrong off set on the wheels, etc. Every now and then I'll see a throwback
> to what my daughter called "hot wheels cars" where some digit would put
> deeply dished 12" wheels on a car and extend the wheels outside the wheel
> wells. These were generally imports like Hondas and Toyotas. And they
> really did look like oversized hot wheels cars.

i still see some like that from time to time. im sure all that weird
geometry isnt good for the front bearings.
Old December 26th 05, 05:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Thanks for the help. I think it's funny how half of these responses
aren't even directed to my question but it has been answered.