CRV hesitation and worse, any help??

Old December 25th 05, 10:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default CRV hesitation and worse, any help??

Hi,

I have a 2003 CRV (54K) and when it is cold, it always has 3 momentary
hesitationson on the way to my front gate, about 300 yards (I live in
the sticks). Each one always happens at exactly the same spot. The
driveway is slightly downhill so I almost never use the gas pedal once
I get it rolling towards the gate. It is running at the start-up fast
idle which is more than enough speed.

OK, I have suffered that for the past 6 months, (dealer can't find
anything) but yesterday at a shopping center it finally quit, then
after about 15 minutes with a few more tries to start, it started and
has run fine since.

Anyone have any suggestions on where to start looking? The warranty
expired last month too. <sigh>

Thanks for any suggestions

Dave

Old December 26th 05, 12:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

I can't do that, Dave wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a 2003 CRV (54K) and when it is cold, it always has 3 momentary
> hesitationson on the way to my front gate, about 300 yards (I live in
> the sticks). Each one always happens at exactly the same spot. The
> driveway is slightly downhill so I almost never use the gas pedal once
> I get it rolling towards the gate. It is running at the start-up fast
> idle which is more than enough speed.
>
> OK, I have suffered that for the past 6 months, (dealer can't find
> anything) but yesterday at a shopping center it finally quit, then
> after about 15 minutes with a few more tries to start, it started and
> has run fine since.
>
> Anyone have any suggestions on where to start looking? The warranty
> expired last month too. <sigh>
>
> Thanks for any suggestions

so it only happens in the winter? and only when the engine is cold? id
try cleaning the throttle body and idle air control valve to start.