Rfactor will not run...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 7th 05, 04:46 PM
PlowBoy

RK,

I have both those tools, things seem to be clean, plus: like I said the
YAHOO security suite, {maybe that makes you laugh also, I do as I type it,
as it sounds oxymoronic}

but it seems as robust as symantec's boggy suites I been exposed to, we use
NAVCE at my corporate job. BTW, in the Yahoo stuff, the only let down is
the fact that if you are not logged on as the ADMINISTRATOR in xp with the
Accounts Administrator logon (for dsl and et al accounts therein) you dont
have much of a 'dashboard'. again I am used to trying to figure out what is
wrong on MS operating systems.

At home I admit the time to muck with this has dwindled, to not as much as
time I wanted to ENJOY the games I have or install on there. Last week I
got 1 of the 2 things to go, 1st was Trouble Shooting the GTLegends demo and
gettting it to operate: and installing rFactor, which would NOT run.

FYI, I finally found the obscure link to re-enable it the child web software
and run several utils including the 2 you mention plus hijack this. All of
that that took about 2 hours of my usuall 3 to 4 hours to "play" a week,
plus the lockup and rebooting due to rFactor. So trying to speed up the
trial and error process of elimination and trouble shooting, I enlisted the
help in RAS. Like I said, I dont usually just do stoopid stuff, like whine
at 1st glance, I know that is unusuall around here at times, and I admit I
spaced off the AV sw (see the post about GTLegends I made?). but I am
digging into all of it, more than I wish I had to.

So can you tell me what should be happenging, I launch the game via ICON, I
get small imagespace & sound, black screen with Rfactor showing, that is
all... 1st time it took what seemd like eternity to go from Image space &
sound "splash" screen to the RFactor full screen lockup, subsequently PC is
toast and reboot is inevitable (however I have NOT had the time to see how
long until, MAYBE it continues finally?) Hate to think I would have to call
home at noon to have the little woman launch the game so I can finally play
at say 8m that evening...

thanks for the suggestion, and the chance to clarify and add to my delema.
I am semi sure it is a decently clean system.