Mazda adds first power hardtop to MX-5 Miata roadster

Old December 1st 06, 09:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default Mazda adds first power hardtop to MX-5 Miata roadster

http://www.ng2000.com/news.php?tp=mazda

It's that time of year when dark clouds and cool winds of winter prompt
owners of the sprightly, two-seat Mazda MX-5 Miata convertible to start
to put away their cars until the following spring.

Old December 1st 06, 01:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Scott Streeter[_4_]

writes:

http://www.ng2000.com/news.php?tp=mazda

> It's that time of year when dark clouds and cool winds of winter prompt
> owners of the sprightly, two-seat Mazda MX-5 Miata convertible to start
> to put away their cars until the following spring.

Not me. Going into the 7th winter with my 2000. In fact the snow tires
go on this weekend.

--
Scott Streeter

http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/
Old December 2nd 06, 01:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Leon van Dommelen

wrote:

http://www.ng2000.com/news.php?tp=mazda

>It's that time of year when dark clouds and cool winds of winter prompt
>owners of the sprightly, two-seat Mazda MX-5 Miata convertible to start
>to put away their cars until the following spring.

Huh??? I did not even put my MGB away in upstate NY (on all seasons.)

Are you weird?
Leon
--
Leon van Dommelen Bess, the Miata Bozo, the Miata
http://www.dommelen.net/miata
Old December 2nd 06, 04:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

That's the way to go Scott! I'm an old yankee so I've got winter (snow)
driving experience and when I took my miata back up north at christmas a
couple years ago I was amazed. All this rubbish about all 4 snow tires or
don't even attempt it, is bs. I had ............... well I don't remember
for sure now ....... worst case, Falken Azenis, best case, all season pieces
of rubbish but the point being, wonderfully balanced handling in the snow.
Nothing more fun than drifting at low and medium speeds (except maybe
drifting in someone else's car at high speeds :-).

Here in Houston, autocrossing this sunday (probably 40 to 45 degrees F) will
be a relatively big 'winter driving challenge' for here .

Chris
99BBB

http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/

Old December 2nd 06, 05:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

Leon, where have you been? Upstate NY or just unusually quiet?

Chris
99BBB

Old December 2nd 06, 05:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> That's the way to go Scott! I'm an old yankee so I've got winter (snow)
> driving experience and when I took my miata back up north at christmas a
> couple years ago I was amazed. All this rubbish about all 4 snow tires or
> don't even attempt it, is bs. I had ............... well I don't remember
> for sure now ....... worst case, Falken Azenis, best case, all season pieces
> of rubbish but the point being, wonderfully balanced handling in the snow.
> Nothing more fun than drifting at low and medium speeds (except maybe
> drifting in someone else's car at high speeds :-).
>
> Here in Houston, autocrossing this sunday (probably 40 to 45 degrees F) will
> be a relatively big 'winter driving challenge' for here .
>
> Chris
> 99BBB

I think that it is funny that the only places I have ever driven in the
snow are Central Texas and and a near-blizzard in Southern Arizona that
shut down the highway overnight.
I have never seen so many 18-wheelers, (and many other vehicles),
sitting down the embankments where they had come to rest after sliding
off the road, but amazingly, no major wrecks.

The residents said it was their first snowfall that could really be
called snow in over 30 years, but I never did verify that.
It has never snowed that hard here in Austin in at least 32 years, so it
is not hard to believe.

Pat
Old December 2nd 06, 05:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
KWS

One of my colleagues bought a new Volvo with the retractable hardtop.
She brought it to work the next day and we had a crowd around it in the
afternoon when she demonstrated the "lowering of the top". It was
something to behold. We applauded.

Ken

Old December 2nd 06, 05:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws

KWS wrote:
> One of my colleagues bought a new Volvo with the retractable hardtop.
> She brought it to work the next day and we had a crowd around it in the
> afternoon when she demonstrated the "lowering of the top". It was
> something to behold. We applauded.
>
> Ken

Applause? Are you sure that it was her Volvo top that was lowered? :-)

Pat
Old December 2nd 06, 04:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Remove This

I'll stand as one more NC MX5 driver that won't be putting it away for the
winter, and I'm in Northern New England.
Daily Driver forever.

--
I work for the ILEC ...." stuff happens! "

Old December 2nd 06, 04:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Remove This

Replied inline....

--
I work for the ILEC ...." stuff happens! "

"Chris D'Agnolo" >
> Here in Houston, autocrossing this sunday (probably 40 to 45 degrees F)
> will be a relatively big 'winter driving challenge' for here .

How funny, just had 2 reasonable "topdown" days in New England. TopDown in
December. Gotta love it.
Gotta love that Global Warming; Someone stop Al Gore...

http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/