bmw 525 td 1994

Old October 12th 06, 08:20 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Jedthedog

Default bmw 525 td 1994

I recently aquired a 1994 bmw 525 td and everytime I pull away the engine
stalls unless I rev the engine. The engine seems to become a tiny bit
unstable when just coming off idle. Otherwise the car runs fine with no
problems. The car has 150k on the clock with full service history. Can anyone
help please.

Old October 12th 06, 09:04 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Richard Sexton

In article <67aadb6fd585b@uwe>, Jedthedog <u27806@uwe> wrote:
>I recently aquired a 1994 bmw 525 td and everytime I pull away the engine
>stalls unless I rev the engine. The engine seems to become a tiny bit
>unstable when just coming off idle. Otherwise the car runs fine with no
>problems. The car has 150k on the clock with full service history. Can anyone
>help please.

Has it been sitting a while?

Are you in a warm climate?

How recently were the fiel filter(s) changed?

Without knowing any more - and this never hurts - run two cans of
Lubro Moly Diesel Purge through it to clean out the injection pump,
injectors and whatnot. (or equiv - anything with octyl nitrate in it).

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net
Old October 12th 06, 10:21 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
John Burns

I'd check there are no vacuum leaks in the intake rubber piping. Even a
tube with a small split underneath can cause this.

Email: , John G.Burns B.Eng, Bonny Scotland
Web :
http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk - The Ultimate BMW Homepage!
www.Strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible price
Old October 21st 06, 05:56 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Jedthedog via CarKB.com

John Burns wrote:
>I'd check there are no vacuum leaks in the intake rubber piping. Even a
>tube with a small split underneath can cause this.

Thanks John, I found a small split in one of the tubes. I cut the end of tube
and replaced it and it cured the problem by about 90%. It still has the same
problem but on a smaller scale.

Old October 21st 06, 06:00 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Jedthedog via CarKB.com

Jedthedog wrote:
>>I'd check there are no vacuum leaks in the intake rubber piping. Even a
>>tube with a small split underneath can cause this.

>Thanks John, I found a small split in one of the tubes. I cut the end of tube
>and replaced it and it cured the problem by about 90%. It still has the same
>problem but on a smaller scale.

I also need a spare single button remote for the central locking--imobbiliser-
-alarm. Has anyone out there got a remote that I could buy off them?

Reading odometer in 1994 Ford Taurus [email protected] Technology 2 January 10th 06 05:45 AM
FS: 1994 Snap-On "A Day At The Races" Promo Sheet J.R.Sinclair General 0 April 1st 05 12:14 PM
1994 Mazda Miata for Sale Justin Mazda 1 January 28th 05 06:21 PM
FS: 1994 Snap-On "A Day At The Races" Promo Sheet J.R. Sinclair General 0 April 5th 04 06:34 AM
FS: 1994 Snap-On "A Day At The Races" Promo Sheet J.R. Sinclair General 0 February 19th 04 03:31 AM