need help 96 neon 2.0 sohc automatic

Old September 29th 05, 04:05 AM
mtate_mtate

Default need help 96 neon 2.0 sohc automatic

my rpm gauge shoots up to about 4 and a half and it wont go back down until
i floor it and hoping there are no cops around well anyways it finally
kicks down to where it needs to be and then as soon as i slow down a lil
bit it jerks and kicks back up making some kind of loud rivving noise the
car lot where i bought it from took it for a ride and they said it was the
catylic converter so they put a new one on since it was still under the
thirty day warranty and then i was still having the problem took it back
to them they put it back in the garage they told me it was some type of
rod that goes into my transmission or something along them lines hey that
worked for about a week just long enough for my warranty to expire that
really sucks now i have no clue what could be going wrong thanks for your
replies

Old October 1st 05, 04:36 PM
Wrench007 via CarKB.com

mtate_mtate wrote:
Need help 96 neon 2.0 sohc automatic
>my rpm gauge shoots up to about 4 and a half and it wont go back down
>until i floor it to make it finally kicks down to where it needs to be and then as soon as i slow down a lil
>bit it jerks and kicks back up making some kind of loud rivving noise.

What color is the car... just kidding, but you don't say how many miles,
how smooth the engine runs or what transmission you have and if you can hear
the transmission shift? Does this problem happen when the car is cold?
It sounds like the garage threw a couple of "possibles" at it and sent
you on your way. However the garage is not free from their burden of fixing
the problem for which you brought it back to them for, just because your 30
days has expired. As long as you have (proof) documents of this problem being
brought to their attention under warranty. Be polite to them and they should
work with you at this problem.
If they want nothing to do with this problem anymore, you can bring the
car to a more qualified shop and ask to be reimbursed, if they refuse, small
claims court will be a simple answer (no lawyer needed).
Back to your problem, its possible a faulty "TPS" /Throttle Position
Sensor may due the trick, but it could be other things like the input or
output speed sensor for the 41TE transaxle.--J

1998 Neon 2.0 SOHC Brian Chrysler 7 September 2nd 05 05:30 AM
95 Dodge Neon SOHC Starting problem Franko Dodge 4 August 6th 04 07:39 PM
99 SOHC Neon manual transmission george Dodge 0 July 8th 04 07:56 AM