I suppose this is my fault somehow.

Old January 31st 08, 12:55 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Nate Nagel[_2_]

Default I suppose this is my fault somehow.

Today's idiot DC drivers...

on my way to work this AM, driving down US-29 (four lane road, undivided
with traffic lights etc.) I get stuck in the right lane behind a long
line of stopped vehicles. I change lanes to the left after all traffic
has passed me and find that the backup is due to another Stealth Bus(tm)
that was so far ahead of me that I couldn't see it (but apparently was
invisible to the ten drivers on the downside of the hill that normally
could.) OK, no real problem... I'm almost to the front of the line when
a car in front of me, who I've caught up to in the process of passing
the long line to my right, signals a left turn and stops in front of me.
I stop as well (obviously) and the taxicab behind me, apparently
unable to see beyond my car, lays on the horn for at least 15 seconds.
Gawd these people **** me off. Of course, GPStroll will somehow figure
out a way to explain how this is my fault. Just like the city bus that
was behind me going down the toll road with his brights on... I swear
one of these days I'm going to just stop in front of one of these
assholes, grab my trusty Mag-Lite and bust out all of his headlights.
Hopefully someone will testify in my defense.

****ing rude ass stupid people. I really hate DC.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old January 31st 08, 01:28 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Jim Yanik

Nate Nagel > wrote in
:

> Today's idiot DC drivers...
>
> on my way to work this AM, driving down US-29 (four lane road, undivided
> with traffic lights etc.) I get stuck in the right lane behind a long
> line of stopped vehicles. I change lanes to the left after all traffic
> has passed me and find that the backup is due to another Stealth Bus(tm)
> that was so far ahead of me that I couldn't see it (but apparently was
> invisible to the ten drivers on the downside of the hill that normally
> could.) OK, no real problem... I'm almost to the front of the line when
> a car in front of me, who I've caught up to in the process of passing
> the long line to my right, signals a left turn and stops in front of me.
> I stop as well (obviously) and the taxicab behind me, apparently
> unable to see beyond my car, lays on the horn for at least 15 seconds.
> Gawd these people **** me off. Of course, GPStroll will somehow figure
> out a way to explain how this is my fault. Just like the city bus that
> was behind me going down the toll road with his brights on... I swear
> one of these days I'm going to just stop in front of one of these
> assholes, grab my trusty Mag-Lite and bust out all of his headlights.
> Hopefully someone will testify in my defense.
>
> ****ing rude ass stupid people. I really hate DC.
>
> nate

Sounds like "one of those days".

IMO,"****ing rude ass stupid people" are everywhere,all 50 states.

I guess sometimes,I'm one of them,too.... ;-}

On SR436 tonight,3 lanes each way,45MPH,divided hwy,6:30 PM,just past
beginning of 2 lanes of left turn onto Red Bug Road,guy in front of me in
the *middle* thru lane(never the left thru lane!) slows,then nearly
stops,then swerves 2 lanes over to get into the turn lanes.
This **** happens EVERY night,NO police are ever around to write
tickets,and I really want to stick my semi-auto out the window and pump a
couple of rounds thru their rear windows.[but I don't]

Every once in awhile,I can get next to them in the LEFT thru lane and block
them out. B-)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old January 31st 08, 07:05 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_2_]

On Jan 30, 9:55 pm, Scott in SoCal > wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 19:55:13 -0500, Nate Nagel >
> wrote:
>
> >OK, no real problem... I'm almost to the front of the line when
> >a car in front of me, who I've caught up to in the process of passing
> >the long line to my right, signals a left turn and stops in front of me.
> > I stop as well (obviously) and the taxicab behind me, apparently
> >unable to see beyond my car, lays on the horn for at least 15 seconds.

> In this situation, I would have set the parking brake, turned off the
> engine, and stepped out of my car to give it a thorough once-over from
> the outside. After all, the friendly taxi driver was undoubtedly
> trying to warn me of some sort of danger that he could see but I could
> not. Maybe he sees a dangling brake hose or a flat tire or something?
> Better safe than sorry!

Don't forget to put on the 4-way flashers and take a good *long* time
doing that inspection. You wouldn't want to miss anything, right?

--
C an't
I nterpret

Old January 31st 08, 02:34 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

On Jan 30, 9:55 pm, Scott in SoCal > wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 19:55:13 -0500, Nate Nagel >
> wrote:
>
> >OK, no real problem... I'm almost to the front of the line when
> >a car in front of me, who I've caught up to in the process of passing
> >the long line to my right, signals a left turn and stops in front of me.
> > I stop as well (obviously) and the taxicab behind me, apparently
> >unable to see beyond my car, lays on the horn for at least 15 seconds.

> In this situation, I would have set the parking brake, turned off the
> engine, and stepped out of my car to give it a thorough once-over from
> the outside. After all, the friendly taxi driver was undoubtedly
> trying to warn me of some sort of danger that he could see but I could
> not. Maybe he sees a dangling brake hose or a flat tire or something?
> Better safe than sorry!
> --
> Please don't give financial rewards to trolls -
> DO NOT CLICK on any URLs containing "calrog.com"

Scott,

Wasn't it you that recently posted about someone's inability to
comprehend that one could be honking past the car in front of them, to
the cause of the problem? It was certainly on this group, and I
thought it was even your post. The gist was when a car a little
farther back gets on the horn it's because the car directly behind the
fool causing the problem is too timid to do it. In this case it seems
to me that Nate may have been "honked past", i.e. the person behind
him was honking at the car causing the problem, and Nate inaccurately
assumed that he was the one being honked at. This may not be the
case, I wasn't there, I'm just saying from what info I have it seems a
possibility.

Have you ever been the third or fourth car in line at a red light, and
needed to sound the horn because the lead driver was too busy to
bother watching the light, and the car behind them was "too polite" to
honk? I was once a passenger in a car when the driver started rifling
through the back seat at a red light. When I have her **** about the
light being green and her facing the wrong way, she responded "I
figured you'd say something or someone would honk. They always do".
The worst part is the "always" - she did this regularly, even when
alone. I've also seen her extremely angry that she didn't "make" a
light. No awareness of how often she causes others to be in that same
situation.
Old January 31st 08, 02:50 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

On Jan 31, 9:47 am, (Brent P)
wrote:
> In article >, wrote:
>
> > assumed that he was the one being honked at. This may not be the
> > case, I wasn't there, I'm just saying from what info I have it seems a
> > possibility.

> It depends on what the driver ahead of nate was doing, it's hard for me
> to tell from the description.

I agree, hence the qualifiers "may not be the case, I wasn't there"
and "possibility".

> > Have you ever been the third or fourth car in line at a red light, and
> > needed to sound the horn because the lead driver was too busy to
> > bother watching the light, and the car behind them was "too polite" to
> > honk? I was once a passenger in a car when the driver started rifling
> > through the back seat at a red light. When I have her **** about the
> > light being green and her facing the wrong way, she responded "I
> > figured you'd say something or someone would honk. They always do".
> > The worst part is the "always" - she did this regularly, even when
> > alone. I've also seen her extremely angry that she didn't "make" a
> > light. No awareness of how often she causes others to be in that same
> > situation.

> Does she flip off the driver that honks? Seems to be something a good
> number of people in my area do when some honks to tell them to get their
> head up from under the dash....

At the time she was a raver hippy type, too smile-filled and positive
to want to throw the negative energy. Oh, wait, when she was behind
the wheel? Yeah, she did. Currently I couldn't tell you, as I have
not been in a vehicle with her in probably 5 years.
Old January 31st 08, 03:59 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
N8N

On Jan 31, 10:40*am, Scott in SoCal > wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 06:34:49 -0800 (PST), "
>
> > wrote:
> >Wasn't it you that recently posted about someone's inability to
> >comprehend that one could be honking past the car in front of them, to
> >the cause of the problem?

> A valid point. Nate, what say you?

Entirely possible, but why honk at a driver attempting to execute a
legal, signaled left turn? Doesn't sound like a "problem" to me,
unless you expect the driver to cut off oncoming traffic.

I agree that people who unnecessarily hold up traffic *should* have
this pointed out to them, but this doesn't qualify as "unnecessarily"
in my book.

nate
Old January 31st 08, 04:22 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
gpsman

On Jan 30, 7:55 pm, Nate Nagel > wrote:
> Today's idiot DC drivers...

I stop as well (obviously) and the taxicab behind me, apparently
> unable to see beyond my car, lays on the horn for at least 15 seconds.
> Gawd these people **** me off. Of course, GPStroll will somehow figure
> out a way to explain how this is my fault.

What's "your fault"...? You don't have any control of who uses their
horn, except your own. You do have control over 1 person regarding
their state of ****ed offedness.

I think practically anyone but morons can understand being a little
irritated at morons who use their horn to inappropriately express
their emotional state, but allowing that to affect your emotional
state is without benefit to you.

> Just like the city bus that
> was behind me going down the toll road with his brights on... I swear
> one of these days I'm going to just stop in front of one of these
> assholes, grab my trusty Mag-Lite and bust out all of his headlights.
> Hopefully someone will testify in my defense.

Why not just pull over and let them by if it bothers you that much?

> ****ing rude ass stupid people. I really hate DC.

Huh. A few days ago you didn't care whether your headlights were
bright beyond the legal limit, as long as your realized your benefit.

Can you see how that might work out for others now...?
-----

- gpsman
Old January 31st 08, 04:25 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

On Jan 31, 11:22 am, gpsman > wrote:
> On Jan 30, 7:55 pm, Nate Nagel > wrote:> Today's idiot DC drivers...
>
> I stop as well (obviously) and the taxicab behind me, apparently
>
> > unable to see beyond my car, lays on the horn for at least 15 seconds.
> > Gawd these people **** me off. Of course, GPStroll will somehow figure
> > out a way to explain how this is my fault.

> What's "your fault"...? You don't have any control of who uses their
> horn, except your own. You do have control over 1 person regarding
> their state of ****ed offedness.
>
> I think practically anyone but morons can understand being a little
> irritated at morons who use their horn to inappropriately express
> their emotional state, but allowing that to affect your emotional
> state is without benefit to you.
>
> > Just like the city bus that
> > was behind me going down the toll road with his brights on... I swear
> > one of these days I'm going to just stop in front of one of these
> > assholes, grab my trusty Mag-Lite and bust out all of his headlights.
> > Hopefully someone will testify in my defense.

> Why not just pull over and let them by if it bothers you that much?
>
> > ****ing rude ass stupid people. I really hate DC.

> Huh. A few days ago you didn't care whether your headlights were
> bright beyond the legal limit, as long as your realized your benefit.
>
> Can you see how that might work out for others now...?
> -----
>
> - gpsman

That's not a fair comparison. Bright and properly positioned
headlights are not a nuisance in the rear-view mirrors of other
vehicles. High beams are pointed up, farther down the road, and as
such aim into many rearview mirrors. The elevation of a busses
headlights would just add to the issue.
Old January 31st 08, 04:46 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
N8N

On Jan 31, 11:22*am, gpsman > wrote:
> On Jan 30, 7:55 pm, Nate Nagel > wrote:> Today's idiot DC drivers...
>
> I stop as well (obviously) and the taxicab behind me, apparently
>
> > unable to see beyond my car, lays on the horn for at least 15 seconds.
> > Gawd these people **** me off. *Of course, GPStroll will somehow figure
> > out a way to explain how this is my fault.

> What's "your fault"...? *You don't have any control of who uses their
> horn, except your own. *You do have control over 1 person regarding
> their state of ****ed offedness.
>
> I think practically anyone but morons can understand being a little
> irritated at morons who use their horn to inappropriately express
> their emotional state, but allowing that to affect your emotional
> state is without benefit to you.
>
> > Just like the city bus that
> > was behind me going down the toll road with his brights on... I swear
> > one of these days I'm going to just stop in front of one of these
> > assholes, grab my trusty Mag-Lite and bust out all of his headlights.
> > Hopefully someone will testify in my defense.

> Why not just pull over and let them by if it bothers you that much?
>
> > ****ing rude ass stupid people. *I really hate DC.

> Huh. *A few days ago you didn't care whether your headlights were
> bright beyond the legal limit, as long as your realized your benefit.

Cite, please, assholio?

> Can you see how that might work out for others now...?

No, because as usual you're just flat wrong.

nate