Corvette ZR1 : Sold

Old January 24th 08, 02:04 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Andrew DeFaria

Default Corvette ZR1 : Sold

Uncle_vito wrote:
> Well you tell me, why don't 18 year olds drive new Corvettes. Because
> they can get cars just as fast for half the money (Mustang). GM has
> basically abandoned these kids.
>
> The 'cool' factor of Corvettes has disappeared because only old farts
> drive them. Kids do not want to drive what old farts drive.
>
> Same for Cadillac. Look at the GM on star commercial for Cadillac.
> Grandma is trapped in the car and can't get out. MY GAWD. GM marketing
> must be made ot TOTAL IDIOTS.
>
> You being excepted when it comes to age and the Corvette.
>
> Vito

If you hate GM that much then what are you doing here? You just like
showing everybody how much of an asshole/idiot you are?
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.

Old January 24th 08, 02:14 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob I

You mean other than the fact that it is fiction. Or then maybe you
really do believe it. I suppose your being biased has nothing to do with
your distorted sense of reality. Never mind, your opinion is noted and
your contribution has been assigned an appropriate value.

Old January 24th 08, 02:23 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
uncle_vito

Would you believe that I am a member of a Corvette club and have been so for
15 years. I own a mid year and AFAIAC GM quit building bitchen corvettes
right about 1972. The C4, C5 and C6's are real yawners. GM is still
controlled by the bean counters. Look at the interior of a C6 and tell me
this is GM's best. They are still holding back. I will buy a Vette the day
that GM goes balls out on the design like they did from 63-67.

Cheers

Vito

Old January 24th 08, 04:36 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Lawrence Lugar

good reply, Charlie. about the generational thing.
that's why all the buyers of classic American muscle cars, are guys who
salivated over them in the 60s and 70s.

lol - that's why I'm absolutley in love with the Ferrari 308 (from the
80s)...partly because it was driven by the sexy blonde, Christy Brinkley, in
the movie National Lampoons Vacation. http://youtube.com/watch?v=C1Zp7vfyew8
and driven by James Woods in the movie Against All Odds
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ws1Pt5GCwhI
both early/mid 80s movies.

as far as tuner cars go, i hate 'em - they have no soul, character,
genuineity...as the stock cars do.

Old January 24th 08, 04:43 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
uncle_vito

Against all odds. Rachel Ward. Almost as pretty as the Ferrari. Great
Movie.

Vito

Old January 24th 08, 05:56 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Andrew DeFaria

Uncle_vito wrote:
> Would you believe that I am a member of a Corvette club and have been
> so for 15 years. I own a mid year and AFAIAC GM quit building bitchen
> corvettes right about 1972. The C4, C5 and C6's are real yawners. GM
> is still controlled by the bean counters. Look at the interior of a C6
> and tell me this is GM's best. They are still holding back. I will buy
> a Vette the day that GM goes balls out on the design like they did
> from 63-67.

I see. So you're an old fart who cannot get past the '60's! So instead,
for some 40 years now you cannot take your arthritic fingers away from
this newsgroup nor Corvettes. Sad and pathetic! Sounds to me you're just
an over the hill, washed up moron who likes to complain.
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
When there's a will, I want to be in it.

Old January 24th 08, 10:38 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Ric Seyler[_2_]

Uncle_vito wrote:

>Since more Toyotas than GM vehicles are sold in the world, there are a lot
>of folks that agree with me.

Ummmmmm....... might wanna think that through....
Don't you think the cost of a say a Toyota Camry -vs- Vette might have
something to do with that...
There are also less McLarens sold in the US than Camrys..... LOL

>GM seems to be able to only sell trucks and Corvettes and a few Cadillacs.
>The Corvettes and Cadillacs are only sold to those folks over 65 years of
>age.
>
>Anything wrong with this picture?

No.......... it's called disposable income.
Which generally comes with age and work history. DUH!

>Vito
>

>"'Key" > wrote in message

om...

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler
remove -SPAM- from email address
--------------------------------------
"Homer no function beer well without."
- H.J. Simpson

Old January 25th 08, 12:20 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
uncle_vito

Actually I said more Toyotas than GM vehicles (not necessarily corvettes).
Maybe I am rushing it a bit. I believe Toyota is number 2 in sales (ahead
of Ford) but likely still behind GM but I do not know how much.

Vito__

Old January 25th 08, 12:26 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
uncle_vito

Adtually I am 54 years old. I bought my midyear 15 years ago and it has
almost tripled in value.

Reason I have not purchased a 2008 is for 3 reasons. 1) I will look 10 years
older driving it. 2) It will lose 25% of its value when I leave the
dealership 3) I see no elegant technology in the car. Just brute force
cubic inches with pushrods and 2 valves/cylinder (like a Chevy Tahoe)

Old January 25th 08, 03:40 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Andrew DeFaria

Uncle_vito wrote:
> Adtually I am 54 years old.

Like I said - you're an old fart!
> I bought my midyear 15 years ago and it has almost tripled in value.

BFD!
> Reason I have not purchased a 2008 is for 3 reasons. 1) I will look 10
> years older driving it.

How does that work? Nevermind.
> 2) It will lose 25% of its value when I leave the dealership

Every car does that!

That's because you're ****ing blind.
> Just brute force cubic inches with pushrods and 2 valves/cylinder
> (like a Chevy Tahoe)

Right. Later Vito - you're history!
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
I went to a restaurant that serves "breakfast at any time". So I ordered

Sold! Erik[_2_] BMW 3 December 2nd 07 09:16 PM
Sold my YJ :-( Carl Jeep 6 November 5th 05 12:38 AM
They Sold My Car tlgtr Simulators 1 April 3rd 05 04:56 AM