Bushamerica - Cops shoot SUV 120 times. Hit UNARMED driver 4 times. Jesse Jackson calls it a hate crime

Old June 9th 05, 01:27 AM

Default Bushamerica - Cops shoot SUV 120 times. Hit UNARMED driver 4 times. Jesse Jackson calls it a hate crime

wrote:

> This sort of stuff happens all the time. Once I was in Torrance and I
> was waiting outside the door of a buisness at a strip mall off of
> Sepulveda Blvd. There were many other people waiting outside as well.
> (early morning -- hasn't opened yet) The Brinks men come out with the
> bags of money, the other starts loading in the armored Van and the
> other one (some white prick) brandishes his weapon and points it
> directly in my direction, then turns around and points at the other
> people who were behind him.
>
> That was the first and only time in my life I have ever had a loaded
> gun pointed directly at my chest. I was standing about 8 feet away.

I think what the Brinks guard did was illegal. It may be considered
assault to actually point a gun directly at someone (as opposed to just
having it in hand pointed at the ground as they usually do). I've
worked for years in security, both armed and unarmed, and armed guards
have to qualify with a number of tests and licenses and regular
training as to when they can pull a gun on someone. You should have
reported this to Brinks and it's likely action would have been taken.

Old June 9th 05, 01:52 AM

Thank you, I will take note of this. The next time if this should ever
happen to me again I will write down the time and place as well as the
security company and the identifying numbers on the van including the
license plate number. I will report such an incident immediately after
it happens next time. I'll call the police first.