Cailfornia retard drunk driver to cops: Hey, my Tesla was on autopilot

Old January 28th 18, 10:30 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.society.liberalism,rec.autos.driving,alt.california,sac.politics
Send Federal Troops To California

Default Cailfornia retard drunk driver to cops: Hey, my Tesla was on autopilot

An alleged drunk driver found passed out in a Tesla on a bridge in
California told officers the car was on “autopilot” — an apparent bid
to alleviate concerns about him being behind the wheel.

The unidentified motorist was arrested and charged with suspicion of
DUI after being found unconscious on the Bay Bridge with a blood
alcohol content “more than” twice the legal limit, the California
Highway Patrol posted on Twitter Saturday.

“Driver explained Tesla had been set on autopilot,” the post
continued. “He was arrested and charged with suspicion of DUI. Car
towed (no it didn’t drive itself to the tow yard).”

The tweet did not indicate when the incident took place, but officers
told the San Francisco Chronicle that the man was found in the stopped
car at about 5:30 p.m. on Jan. 13.

“It’s pretty quick that we get those calls,” Officer Vu Williams of
the California Highway Patrol’s San Francisco division told the
newspaper. “We always have units patrolling the bridge.”

Tesla officials, meanwhile, said the car’s autopilot function is
intended for use “only with a fully attentive driver,” according to a
statement to the newspaper.

In September, a writer for Business Insider who reviewed Tesla’s
autopilot feature in Australia said he found the system to be
“slightly terrifying,” primarily because it runs counter to every
previously held instinct behind the wheel.

“Autopilot is certainly not self-driving and can cause some anxiety
while you’re getting used to it,” Tony Yoo said of the Tesla Model S
P100D. “But once you trust the remarkable technology, you realize that
autonomous vehicles are no longer science fiction and it is not just
marketing hype to think that we will see it within the next few
years.”

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2018/01/...autopilot.html