Hypocrisy in mandating stability control

Old September 19th 06, 06:03 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Old Wolf

Default Hypocrisy in mandating stability control

I see some authorities are trying to make stability control or
traction control systems mandatory.

Are these the same authorities who oppose mandatory
advanced driver training, because they believe it might
increase the confidence of the driver?

And the same crowd who deliberately make country
roads curved in order to reduce speeds?

Old September 19th 06, 06:15 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

In article . com>, Old Wolf wrote:

> Are these the same authorities who oppose mandatory
> advanced driver training, because they believe it might
> increase the confidence of the driver?

Yes. And the same ones who believe lane blocking is safer because it
slows faster drivers down by forcing them to weave through traffic.

> And the same crowd who deliberately make country
> roads curved in order to reduce speeds?

curves actually keep drivers from falling asleep. Never heard of them
being used to reduce speed outside of residential streets.

Old September 19th 06, 06:22 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.usenet.kooks
gpsman

Brent P wrote:
> In article . com>, Old Wolf wrote:
>
> > Are these the same authorities who oppose mandatory
> > advanced driver training, because they believe it might
> > increase the confidence of the driver?

> Yes. And the same ones who believe lane blocking is safer because it
> slows faster drivers down by forcing them to weave through traffic.

BuhWaHahahaha!!! How are drivers "forced" to weave through traffic?

Howcomewhyfor am I *never" so "forced"?
-----

- gpsman

Old September 19th 06, 11:09 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Nate Nagel

Old Wolf wrote:
> I see some authorities are trying to make stability control or
> traction control systems mandatory.
>
> Are these the same authorities who oppose mandatory
> advanced driver training, because they believe it might
> increase the confidence of the driver?
>
> And the same crowd who deliberately make country
> roads curved in order to reduce speeds?

LOL. I hope they never straighten out all the back roads, I'll be bored
as hell!

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
Old September 19th 06, 01:22 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.usenet.kooks
Dave[_15_]

> BuhWaHahahaha!!! How are drivers "forced" to weave through traffic?
>
> Howcomewhyfor am I *never" so "forced"?
> -----
>
> - gpsman

Because you think being an asswipe is a good thing, somehow. So you blend
right in with the rest of them, and are happy to do so

Old September 19th 06, 01:23 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Dave[_15_]

> LOL. I hope they never straighten out all the back roads, I'll be bored
> as hell!
>
> nate

Not to mention, straight roads flatten out motorcycle tires, and that sucks

Old September 19th 06, 02:50 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.usenet.kooks
N8N

gpsman wrote:
> Brent P wrote:
> > In article . com>, Old Wolf wrote:
> >
> > > Are these the same authorities who oppose mandatory
> > > advanced driver training, because they believe it might
> > > increase the confidence of the driver?

> > Yes. And the same ones who believe lane blocking is safer because it
> > slows faster drivers down by forcing them to weave through traffic.

> BuhWaHahahaha!!! How are drivers "forced" to weave through traffic?
>
> Howcomewhyfor am I *never" so "forced"?

So you just patiently sit behind the idiot doing 53 MPH in the passing
lane until rush hour ends?

nate

Old September 19th 06, 03:46 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
gpsman

N8N wrote:
> gpsman wrote:
> > Brent P wrote:

> > > Yes. And the same ones who believe lane blocking is safer because it
> > > slows faster drivers down by forcing them to weave through traffic.

> > BuhWaHahahaha!!! How are drivers "forced" to weave through traffic?
> >
> > Howcomewhyfor am I *never" so "forced"?

> So you just patiently sit behind the idiot doing 53 MPH in the passing
> lane until rush hour ends?

**** no, I'm over in the R lane these days... but I am *always* patient
when driving. Wanna know why? There's no benefit to wadding up my
panties about anything so trivial over which I have *no* control.

Here's my POV, YMMV: If a driver was "out in front" of his vehicle he
could, would and should make an avoidance manuever mmmmmaybe a quarter
to a half mile before encountering an LLB.

What I most often notice is a backup behind the LLB of bad but faster
drivers and better and more attentive drivers are passing the entire
line of idjits on the R.

Then, of course, the idjits, instead of paying their penance for their
inattentiveness, pull out to pass too early and cause that lane to
slow. MF FY.

If you're caught behind an LLB I say great! Yer a ****ty driver and
deserve to be frustrated. If there seem to be lots n' lots of LLBs I
say great, you're a ****ty driver trying to go too fast for conditions
and deserve to be frustrated. Frustration is a penalty for ****ty
driving.

The bottom line, ISTM, is that the driver who has the most problems
with traffic is probably a really ****ty driver. I mean it's
practically the exact same situation day in and day out... but many if
not most drivers never seem to solve the simple puzzle of navigating
traffic while avoiding being frustrated.

Take a look at the other drivers as you pass. Yer all on the same
highway and some drivers seem frustrated and some don't. What do you
think is the secret to avoiding frustration?
-----

- gpsman

Old September 19th 06, 04:05 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.usenet.kooks
Brent P[_1_]

In article om>, N8N wrote:

> gpsman wrote:
>> Brent P wrote:

>> > Yes. And the same ones who believe lane blocking is safer because it
>> > slows faster drivers down by forcing them to weave through traffic.

>> BuhWaHahahaha!!! How are drivers "forced" to weave through traffic?
>>
>> Howcomewhyfor am I *never" so "forced"?

> So you just patiently sit behind the idiot doing 53 MPH in the passing
> lane until rush hour ends?

Nate, you have it wrong, he is the idiot doing 53 MPH in the passing
lane.

Old September 19th 06, 04:28 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Dave[_15_]

> What do you
> think is the secret to avoiding frustration?
> -----
>
> - gpsman

Simple. An automatic grenade launcher, and resisting the urge not to use it