Electronic Stability Control Law passed in US!!

Old May 25th 07, 10:47 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Richard Herb

Default Electronic Stability Control Law passed in US!!

ALL NEW CARS MUST HAVE IT!

Is this the end of oversteer, powersliding

or as the kids call it, DRIFT

will we have a switch, where we can turn it off?

I love my rear wheel drive car, where the back wheel lose a little
traction, but the front wheels can still steer.

Old May 25th 07, 11:02 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

In article . com>, Richard Herb wrote:
> ALL NEW CARS MUST HAVE IT!
>
> Is this the end of oversteer, powersliding
>
> or as the kids call it, DRIFT
>

> will we have a switch, where we can turn it off?
>
> I love my rear wheel drive car, where the back wheel lose a little
> traction, but the front wheels can still steer.

Cite?

Old May 26th 07, 12:39 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
jcr

Brent P wrote:
> In article . com>, Richard Herb wrote:
>> ALL NEW CARS MUST HAVE IT!
>>
>> Is this the end of oversteer, powersliding
>>
>> or as the kids call it, DRIFT
>>

>> will we have a switch, where we can turn it off?
>>
>> I love my rear wheel drive car, where the back wheel lose a little
>> traction, but the front wheels can still steer.
>>

> Cite?

This was on the news a couple of months back.
Old May 26th 07, 01:07 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, jcr wrote:
> Brent P wrote:
>> In article . com>, Richard Herb wrote:
>>> ALL NEW CARS MUST HAVE IT!
>>>
>>> Is this the end of oversteer, powersliding
>>>
>>> or as the kids call it, DRIFT
>>>

>>> will we have a switch, where we can turn it off?
>>>
>>> I love my rear wheel drive car, where the back wheel lose a little
>>> traction, but the front wheels can still steer.
>>>

>> Cite?
>>

> This was on the news a couple of months back.

Yet google is not turning up any such law being passed when I looked
earlier.

In further searching I've found a reference in a UK paper about NHSTA
wanting to make it manditory in 2012.

Another victory in building a better idiot and tests designed around CR's
attempts to ruin a vehicle they don't like.

Old May 26th 07, 01:49 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Eeyore

Richard Herb wrote:

> ALL NEW CARS MUST HAVE IT!
>
> Is this the end of oversteer, powersliding
>
> or as the kids call it, DRIFT

With RWD cars ? LMAO !

Graham

Old May 26th 07, 03:16 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Richard Herb

On May 25, 8:49 pm, Eeyore >
wrote:
> Richard Herb wrote:
> > ALL NEW CARS MUST HAVE IT!

> > Is this the end of oversteer, powersliding

> > or as the kids call it, DRIFT

> With RWD cars ? LMAO !

well, powersliding with front wheel drive seems kind of stupid. The
wheels that lose traction are the same ones that steer.

When I do it with my rear wheel drive, I am in almost complete
control.

Old May 26th 07, 06:35 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Jim Yanik

Richard Herb > wrote in
oups.com:

> On May 25, 8:49 pm, Eeyore >
> wrote:
>> Richard Herb wrote:
>> > ALL NEW CARS MUST HAVE IT!

>> > Is this the end of oversteer, powersliding

>> > or as the kids call it, DRIFT

>> With RWD cars ? LMAO !

> well, powersliding with front wheel drive seems kind of stupid. The
> wheels that lose traction are the same ones that steer.
>
> When I do it with my rear wheel drive, I am in almost complete
> control.

AFAIK,drifters use RWD or AWD cars.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old May 27th 07, 02:12 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Harry K

On May 25, 7:58 pm, Scott en Aztlán > wrote:
> Richard Herb > said in rec.autos.driving:
>
> >ALL NEW CARS MUST HAVE IT!

> >Is this the end of oversteer, powersliding

> >or as the kids call it, DRIFT

> >will we have a switch, where we can turn it off?

> My car does. It also has a medium setting called "competitive driving
> mode."
> --
> MFFYCam Videos Galohttp://www.geocities.com/mffycam/

Ford 500 has an on/off switch. Dunno why as the car is a 'geezer' car
and I don't think you could make it exciting to drive short of driving
off a cliff.

Harry K

Old May 27th 07, 11:52 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
bob zee

On May 25, 8:49 pm, Eeyore >
wrote:

> With RWD cars ? LMAO !
>
> Graham

Drift can be done with FWD cars when you have a really strong parking
brake that applies only to the rear wheels.

to everyone else, Graham is a fwd loving idiot that is very afraid of
leaving the house. he stays inside in his mother's basement and only
ventures out when the weather is perfect. he tried a rear wheel drive
vehicle once. it almost scared him and he decided to never drive a
real car ever again!
ESPECIALLY NOT DRIVE ANYTHING WITH MORE THAN 35 HORSEPOWER THAT WILL
DELIVER ALL OF THAT AWESOME POWER TO ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE FRONT
TIRES.

bob z.
ps bob z. doesn't understand the whole 'drifting' phenomenom, but
doesn't understand the love-affair with FWD, either.

Old May 28th 07, 03:16 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
jcr

Brent P wrote:
> In article >, jcr wrote:
>> Brent P wrote:

>>> Cite?
>>>

>> This was on the news a couple of months back.

> Yet google is not turning up any such law being passed when I looked
> earlier.
>
> In further searching I've found a reference in a UK paper about NHSTA
> wanting to make it manditory in 2012.
>
> Another victory in building a better idiot and tests designed around CR's
> attempts to ruin a vehicle they don't like.

I believe it was a NHTSA "rule".