06 mustang stumbles at the light?

Old March 31st 07, 10:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Bill & Gail

Default 06 mustang stumbles at the light?

I have a stock 06 Mustang 6 cyl, 5 speed automatic etc.

After a long hot drive of an hour or more at highway speeds, if I come to a
light and start to take off again, the car will balk, die, stumble or
something like that. When I try to pull away again, no problem and no
problem for a few months either.

This has happened about 6 times in 16000 km.

Regular gas.

I will be taking it to the dealer for remedy but I just wanted to be a
little better informed so he is less likely to be successful if he tries to
blow smoke up my A**.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Bill

Old April 1st 07, 05:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Ken Zwyers

I had a similar thing happen last fall about three times. It never died,
just felt like it missed a spark (it just hesitated). Always happened when
I would start up after driving for a while at high speeds (like stopping at
a toll booth on the tollway). Took it to the dealership, and they had to
replace the fuel pump. Still under warranty, so no charge.

Old April 1st 07, 05:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Ken Zwyers

Oh, I forgot to mention, my car is also an '06 Mustang, the only difference
being mine is a 8-cyl GT.

Old April 1st 07, 04:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Bill & Gail

Thanks Ken and congratulations.

My symptoms exactly. Now I feel better prepared.

Bill