97 ZJ remote problem

Old June 15th 11, 02:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
RoyJ[_2_]

Default 97 ZJ remote problem

> Well turns out that I'm an idiot. I put the batteries in backwards.

Smirk........ At least you were smart enough to find that and humble
enough to fess up. Just like I've never put the chain saw chain on
backwards............. Not.
Old June 16th 11, 05:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW[_2_]

PeterD wrote:
> On 6/14/2011 6:33 PM, DougW wrote:
>> PeterD wrote:

>>> Also consider that the new battery may well be 'dead'... Happens,
>>> especially with the cheap Chinese versions.

>> I had a package of chinese *spit* aaa batteries that came with a
>> cheap ass led flashlight. Paid 25c for it and just wanted the LEDs anyway.
>> Went to open them up the usual way (by twisting and splitting the
>> package). and get this.
>>
>> ... bent the friggin batteries ...
>>

> I have the best Chinese crap story of all...
>
> Was installing something in the trunk of a car while on vacation at my
> mother's in Florida. She had my sister's drill and bits. Black bits,
> no-name plastic box.
>
> Figured no matter how bad, they'd drill the two holes I needed to
> mount the thing.
>
> Chucked up the first bit, and started, and bang, it *bent* at a 90
> degree angle! Holy crap, Batman, it bent! Figured "a fluke" and
> grabbed the next bigger bit in the box.
>
> It too immediately bent at a 90 degree angle!
>
> The only time I've ever bent drill bits at a right angle!

Now that IS an accomplishment!

I did use a cheap ass file on a piece of aluminum once and broke all the teeth off the file. Guess it was for balsa wood only.

--
DougW

Old June 17th 11, 05:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Budd Cochran[_2_]

"DougW" > wrote in message
> PeterD wrote:

>>> I had a package of chinese *spit* aaa batteries that came with a
>>> cheap ass led flashlight. Paid 25c for it and just wanted the LEDs
>>> anyway.
>>> Went to open them up the usual way (by twisting and splitting the
>>> package). and get this.
>>>
>>> ... bent the friggin batteries ...
>>>

>> I have the best Chinese crap story of all...
>>
>> Was installing something in the trunk of a car while on vacation at my
>> mother's in Florida. She had my sister's drill and bits. Black bits,
>> no-name plastic box.
>>
>> Figured no matter how bad, they'd drill the two holes I needed to
>> mount the thing.
>>
>> Chucked up the first bit, and started, and bang, it *bent* at a 90
>> degree angle! Holy crap, Batman, it bent! Figured "a fluke" and
>> grabbed the next bigger bit in the box.
>>
>> It too immediately bent at a 90 degree angle!
>>
>> The only time I've ever bent drill bits at a right angle!

> Now that IS an accomplishment!
>
> I did use a cheap ass file on a piece of aluminum once and broke all the
> teeth off the file. Guess it was for balsa wood only.
>
> --
> DougW

Balsa probably would have dulled the teeth.

Budd