99 Cherokee Sport - No Door Restraint

Old January 15th 08, 10:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Ender

Default 99 Cherokee Sport - No Door Restraint

Hi,

I opened my front driver's side door last week and heard a strange
metallic "crunching" noise. From that time on, when the door is
opened, it feels like there is no resistance and no stops at the
halfway open and full open positions. It just kind of swings freely.
Anyone have a clue as to what happened? If I had to guess I would say
something under tension that rides against a notched bar or panel of
some type has snapped off. What am I likely to find when I open up the
door panel? How exspensive is the replacement part for this issue?

Thanks,

Ender
Old January 15th 08, 11:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

You should be looking in the hinge area with the door open from the
inside for a broken spring.

Mike
'New' frame in the works for '08. Some Canadian Bush Trip and Build
Photos: http://mikeromainjeeptrips.shutterfly.com

Old January 16th 08, 12:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Ed Smith

Not sure if Mike is speaking of the same thing, but I would think maybe the
"front door check set" took a dump.
Ed

ng.com...

Old January 16th 08, 12:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.\(ßill\)Hughes III

http://www.billhughes.com/temp/XJdoorRestraint.jpg
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O

Old January 16th 08, 08:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Pink Freud©®

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 16:48:08 -0800, L.W.(ßill)Hughes III wrote:

> http://www.billhughes.com/temp/XJdoorRestraint.jpg
> God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O

Too little, too late.

Give up.

You're too old for this.

--
Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts
on the unthinking.

-John Maynard Keynes, economist (1883-1946)

Old January 20th 08, 04:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
philthy[_1_]

broken door check