Idea to reduce Drunk Driving

Old March 20th 07, 06:24 AM posted to alt.politics.bush,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.usa.republican,can.politics,rec.autos.driving
Arved Sandstrom

Default Idea to reduce Drunk Driving

"Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" > wrote in
message 25.201...
> Roedy Green > wrote in
> :
>
>> Here is an idea I think would help reduce drunk driving.
>>
>> Charge passengers in the car if the driver is driving under the
>> influence, children excepted.
>>
>> Passengers would then have more reason to stop a driver.
>> Passengers refusing to ride with the driver would put more pressure on
>> him. Passengers would then take more responsibility to make sure the
>> driver were designated.

> Blame the passengers?? HAHAHA. That is really stupid. The way to stop DUIs
> is to hit them with jail time and license suspensions.

Errr..they already do that.

[ SNIP ]

AHS

Old March 20th 07, 12:56 PM posted to alt.politics.bush,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.usa.republican,can.politics,rec.autos.driving
Dave Smith[_3_]

Arved Sandstrom wrote:

> > Blame the passengers?? HAHAHA. That is really stupid. The way to stop DUIs
> > is to hit them with jail time and license suspensions.

> Errr..they already do that.

Not hard enough. I am sure we have all read cases of drunk drivers with
long records.

There is provision for jail for people who drive under suspension, but it
is rarely applied. I had several cases of drivers with multiple drive
under suspension convictions. I am talking 8, 12, 16 times. The worst had
24... and no, I am not exaggerating. The one with 24 was the only one who
got jail time. The JO was going to give him 3 months. The guy asked to
served it one weekends so he could work and support his daughter. The JP
agreed. The court clerk reminded him that the maximum term that could be
served on weekends was 60 days. Rather than deny the request to serve it on
weekends, the JP reduced the sentence to 60 days. Do you think that was
his last conviction? Nope.
Old March 20th 07, 04:05 PM posted to alt.politics.bush,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.usa.republican,can.politics,rec.autos.driving
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

"Arved Sandstrom" > wrote in

> "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" > wrote
> in message 25.201...
>>
>> Blame the passengers?? HAHAHA. That is really stupid. The way to stop
>> DUIs is to hit them with jail time and license suspensions.

> Errr..they already do that.

Occasionally. But it should be always and i don't mean a 3 month
suspension either. More like 10 years. Stop being a criminal coddler.
Old March 20th 07, 06:40 PM posted to alt.politics.bush,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.usa.republican,can.politics,rec.autos.driving
Chris Morris

"Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" > wrote in
message 25.201...
> "Arved Sandstrom" > wrote in
>
>> "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" > wrote
>> in message 25.201...
>>>
>>> Blame the passengers?? HAHAHA. That is really stupid. The way to stop
>>> DUIs is to hit them with jail time and license suspensions.

>> Errr..they already do that.

> Occasionally. But it should be always and i don't mean a 3 month
> suspension either. More like 10 years. Stop being a criminal coddler.

I agree 10 years for the first offense and then shoot them after that no
chance of a third strike.

Old March 20th 07, 07:59 PM posted to alt.politics.bush,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.usa.republican,can.politics,rec.autos.driving
MLOM

On Mar 20, 1:40 pm, "Chris Morris" > wrote:
> "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" > wrote in
> messagenews:Xns98F966A39A805riemann1850yahoocom@20 7.217.125.201...
>
> > "Arved Sandstrom" > wrote in

> >> "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" > wrote
> >> in messagenews:Xns98F8CD465B427riemann1850yahoocom@20 7.217.125.201...

> >> Errr..they already do that.

> > Occasionally. But it should be always and i don't mean a 3 month
> > suspension either. More like 10 years. Stop being a criminal coddler.

> I agree 10 years for the first offense and then shoot them after that no
> chance of a third strike.

I thought about recommending fire-bombing bars and breweries for their
contribution to DUI, but arson is still illegal. Just ask a former
mayor of Kirksville, MO who allegedly did just that.

Old March 20th 07, 08:02 PM posted to alt.politics.bush,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.usa.republican,can.politics,rec.autos.driving
MLOM

On Mar 20, 11:05 am, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
> wrote:
> "Arved Sandstrom" > wrote innews:m6LLh.64397$lY6.17387@edtnps90:
>
> > "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" > wrote
> > in messagenews:Xns98F8CD465B427riemann1850yahoocom@20 7.217.125.201...

> >> Blame the passengers?? HAHAHA. That is really stupid. The way to stop
> >> DUIs is to hit them with jail time and license suspensions.

> > Errr..they already do that.

> Occasionally. But it should be always and i don't mean a 3 month
> suspension either. More like 10 years. Stop being a criminal coddler.

How about this: having cops launch grenades into suspected DUI
vehicles: think they might slow down the DUI craze? It would save
jacking with the court system and save room in the prisons..

Old March 20th 07, 08:05 PM posted to alt.politics.bush,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.usa.republican,can.politics,rec.autos.driving
Dave Smith[_3_]

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:

> > Errr..they already do that.

> Occasionally. But it should be always and i don't mean a 3 month
> suspension either. More like 10 years. Stop being a criminal coddler.

If you are suggesting 10 years in jail for the crime of having driven with
a BAC over .08 without the person having been in an accident, what you
consider a reasonable sentence for someone not impaired who has been in an
accident due to careless driving, or a non drinker who kills someone?
Old March 20th 07, 10:37 PM posted to alt.politics.bush,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.usa.republican,can.politics,rec.autos.driving
Chris Morris

"MLOM" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Mar 20, 11:05 am, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
> > wrote:
>> "Arved Sandstrom" > wrote
>> innews:m6LLh.64397$lY6.17387@edtnps90:
>>
>> > "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" > wrote
>> > in messagenews:Xns98F8CD465B427riemann1850yahoocom@20 7.217.125.201...

>> > Errr..they already do that.

>> Occasionally. But it should be always and i don't mean a 3 month
>> suspension either. More like 10 years. Stop being a criminal coddler.

> How about this: having cops launch grenades into suspected DUI
> vehicles: think they might slow down the DUI craze? It would save
> jacking with the court system and save room in the prisons..

Can we make sure the drunk is in the car at the time?

Old March 21st 07, 04:18 AM posted to alt.politics.bush,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.usa.republican,can.politics,rec.autos.driving
MLOM

On Mar 20, 5:37 pm, "Chris Morris" > wrote:
> "MLOM" > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...
>

> > On Mar 20, 11:05 am, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
> > > wrote:
> >> "Arved Sandstrom" > wrote
> >> innews:m6LLh.64397$lY6.17387@edtnps90:

> >> Occasionally. But it should be always and i don't mean a 3 month
> >> suspension either. More like 10 years. Stop being a criminal coddler.

> > How about this: having cops launch grenades into suspected DUI
> > vehicles: think they might slow down the DUI craze? It would save
> > jacking with the court system and save room in the prisons..

> Can we make sure the drunk is in the car at the time?

If the drunk flees, it's just a matter of adjusting the aim of the
launcher.

Old March 21st 07, 03:04 PM posted to alt.politics.bush,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.usa.republican,can.politics,rec.autos.driving
Chris Morris

"MLOM" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Mar 20, 5:37 pm, "Chris Morris" > wrote:
>> "MLOM" > wrote in message
>>
>> oups.com...
>>

>> > On Mar 20, 11:05 am, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"

>> > How about this: having cops launch grenades into suspected DUI
>> > vehicles: think they might slow down the DUI craze? It would save
>> > jacking with the court system and save room in the prisons..

>> Can we make sure the drunk is in the car at the time?

> If the drunk flees, it's just a matter of adjusting the aim of the
> launcher.

This is true and if you have more than one you can make sure to take the car
and the drunk out at the same time. Of course have you ever seen a drunk try
and run they can barley walk.