$300.00 Hardtop - Missed out

Old March 4th 06, 06:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default $300.00 Hardtop - Missed out

This is an ad that I missed by one day on my local Craigslist.

"Item is pending sale. Several offers have been received. Thanks.

Early body style hard top (Red) that has been garage kept and is in
great shape. Was previously used on our 1996 Miata MX-5. The paint is
not cracked or faded. Feel free to call me at ***-****. ask for Joe"

I'll bet he has received some offers at $300.00 with no fading or
damage. I wonder if he'll stick with his original price.
My only consolation is that it won't fit on my miata because of the
rollbar.

Pat
Old March 5th 06, 04:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

"pws" > wrote in message
> This is an ad that I missed by one day on my local Craigslist.
>
> "Item is pending sale. Several offers have been received. Thanks.
>
> Early body style hard top (Red) that has been garage kept and is in great
> shape. Was previously used on our 1996 Miata MX-5. The paint is not
> cracked or faded. Feel free to call me at ***-****. ask for Joe"
>

> I'll bet he has received some offers at $300.00 with no fading or damage.
> I wonder if he'll stick with his original price.
> My only consolation is that it won't fit on my miata because of the
> rollbar.
>
> Pat

Reminds me of a deal I came across in our local classifieds in MN. It
advertised an early body-style red hardtop for only $250. Needless to say, I
drove down immediately to pick it up. It looked like it had been sitting in
that garage for years, and was badly oxidised due to neglect.

I bought it anyway, and had plans to give it a nice new coat of paint.
Turned out I didn't have to. A simple polish-and wax job restored it to a
brilliant red!

A year later, when I traded my red '93 for a nice black-on-black '95, I
bought a black hardtop with defroster locally for $700, and sold the red
hardtop on eBay for $1000!=)

Patrick
'95 Triple Black