Audi TT... quick question

Old June 6th 07, 01:38 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
dave AKA vwdoc1

Default Audi TT... quick question

Does the TT have a transverse engine like the 2005 VW GTI?

Old June 6th 07, 05:11 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Chris Bartram

dave AKA vwdoc1 wrote:
> Does the TT have a transverse engine like the 2005 VW GTI?

Yes.
Old June 6th 07, 07:53 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Tony[_1_]

Old June 7th 07, 04:08 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
dave AKA vwdoc1

lol
Thanks Chris and Tony.
A transverse engine in an Audi! Hmmm has this been done before?

I learn something everyday! lol

Old June 7th 07, 08:47 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Chris Bartram

dave AKA vwdoc1 wrote:
> lol
> Thanks Chris and Tony.
> A transverse engine in an Audi! Hmmm has this been done before?

Yes. The Audi 50, which became the VW Polo. Also, the A3 and S3 have
transverse engines.
Old June 7th 07, 10:36 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Dave N

In message >, Chris Bartram
> writes
>dave AKA vwdoc1 wrote:
>> lol
>> Thanks Chris and Tony.
>> A transverse engine in an Audi! Hmmm has this been done before?
>>

>Yes. The Audi 50, which became the VW Polo. Also, the A3 and S3 have
>transverse engines.

Doesn't the A2 have a transverse engine too? There is a distinguishing
feature of transverse engines, with regard to 4-wheel drive, in that
they all use the Haldex electric differential between front and back.
The models with longitudinally mounted engines all use the Torsen
mechanical differential. I'm not enough of an engineer to know whether
there is a mechanical constraint behind this difference. I do know that
the Haldex is mounted remotely on the back axle, but isn't the Torsen
mounted onto the back of the gearbox?

--
Dave N

N.B. Mail to nospam is rejected. Reply-To does work.
Old June 7th 07, 10:55 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Chris Bartram

Dave N wrote:
> In message >, Chris Bartram
> > writes
>> dave AKA vwdoc1 wrote:
>>> lol
>>> Thanks Chris and Tony.
>>> A transverse engine in an Audi! Hmmm has this been done before?
>>>

>> Yes. The Audi 50, which became the VW Polo. Also, the A3 and S3 have
>> transverse engines.

> Doesn't the A2 have a transverse engine too?

Yes, I'd forgotten that :-)

Old June 7th 07, 11:33 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
dave AKA vwdoc1

Thanks all!
I will have to see these "newer" models of Audis at my USA dealership. ;-)
AND read more! lol

later,
dave
(One out of many daves)

Old June 9th 07, 03:04 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Dave[_42_]

"Chris Bartram" > wrote in message
> dave AKA vwdoc1 wrote:
>> lol
>> Thanks Chris and Tony.
>> A transverse engine in an Audi! Hmmm has this been done before?
>>

> Yes. The Audi 50, which became the VW Polo. Also, the A3 and S3 have
> transverse engines.

And the Mk1 TT

A Quick Question Mister.Lull VW water cooled 6 May 9th 07 04:05 PM
Quick question BradandBrooks Ford Mustang 8 May 26th 06 04:15 PM
quick question adrianrgagne Dodge 4 December 14th 05 12:35 AM
Quick question Dennis Wik VW air cooled 2 June 20th 05 02:09 AM
Quick Question Drink Corvette 2 October 9th 04 02:44 PM