GTL USES STARFARCE????

Old February 7th 06, 08:55 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default GTL USES STARFARCE????

It's not their software to fix.

This has already happened once to users of a certain DVD copy program. One
day, their paid-for product ceased to install if I remember correctly
because the company shut down.

When you think about it, this is REALLY serious with people spending
thousands on downloaded music.

If it ever happened, even ONCE, the ripple through the music download
industry would be tidal-wave in effect.

I think we will see it happen eventually.

And Microsoft still hasn't officially stated what they are going to do with
XP activations when it goes off support.

-Larry

Old February 7th 06, 08:56 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

(Mitch_A) wrote:

> Makes re-install a breeze and unlimited.

Not strictly true. The registry backup only works if your hardware stays
the same. Any changes and Starforce has to re-authenticate.

Andrew McP
Old February 7th 06, 09:33 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Ditto for the rFactor trick. I had to re-activate after my computer
upgrade.

-Larry

ddress_disguised...

Old February 7th 06, 09:39 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

It will be fine until it hits something popular. Then the proverbial ****
is gonna hit the fan for everyone that uses it.

It will happen, and I think it will be good for consumers when it does.
Congress will meet. Senators will discuss over beer. Laws will be written
protecting the consumer.

It will all finally be out in the open.

Just think what would happen if you woke up to a news story tomorrow morning
that stated "Apple closes iTunes. Purchased music can no longer
authenticate".

It won't happen to iTunes, but I hear that some of the music 'stores' ain't
doing so hot right now.

This is also why I think, eventually, it's gonna be a subscription thing,
plain and simple. For better or worse.

I know if iTunes were to start a subscription service I would drop
YahooMusic and their pathetic music software in a heartbeat.

Old February 8th 06, 12:06 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Larry wrote:

> It will happen, and I think it will be good for consumers when it does.
> Congress will meet. Senators will discuss over beer. Laws will be written
> protecting the consumer.

Somehow I find no comfort in this at all. Seldom does Congress do
anything that doesn't end up with the average guy taking it up the ass.

Don McCorkle
www.lp.org

Old February 8th 06, 01:18 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

I was being quite sarcastic

-Larry

Old February 8th 06, 01:32 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

No, but if theres a chance of 'controlling' yet another part of a PC then
I'm sure M$ would buy Starforce then make it a standard part of Windows.

Andi.

Old February 8th 06, 06:25 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

I agree 100%.

You know, within reason I don't even care if it has DRM, so long as it's DRM
that is not company or device specific, and is run through a clearinghouse
that ALL resellers of music must use. That way there's no problem with
companies going out of business, etc...

Actually, screw DRM. We don't need it

-Larry

Old February 8th 06, 06:26 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Man, don't say that too loud!

-Larry