The Water Engine?

Old September 22nd 05, 07:05 AM

Default The Water Engine?

Heh, hold back the flames, plz, and read this one:

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money-s...9&in_page_id=5

Another company claiming to boost combustion efficiency by injecting H2
into the fuel mixture. This concept claims that hydrogen will be
extracted from water by centrifugation, to then inject it into the fuel
mix. A new spin on the same idea, if you'll forgive the pun.

So I'm just asking if this sounds at all feasible. How much H2 can you
extract from H2O by centrifugation?? I've never really heard of this
approach before. Can centrifugal force be used to efficiently split
water, or separate it from dissolved H2 gas to generate the latter in
sufficient quantities?

Is this sudden spate of announcement on new energy efficiency
technologies related to big spike in prices at the gas pump these days?
ie. are snake-oil salesmen crawling out of the woodwork faster than the
rats & snakes fleeing Rita & Katrina?

Comments?

Old September 22nd 05, 08:02 AM
Don W.

" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Heh, hold back the flames, plz, and read this one:

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money-s...9&in_page_id=5

> Another company claiming to boost combustion efficiency by injecting H2
> into the fuel mixture. This concept claims that hydrogen will be
> extracted from water by centrifugation, to then inject it into the fuel
> mix. A new spin on the same idea, if you'll forgive the pun.
>
> So I'm just asking if this sounds at all feasible. How much H2 can you
> extract from H2O by centrifugation?? I've never really heard of this
> approach before. Can centrifugal force be used to efficiently split
> water, or separate it from dissolved H2 gas to generate the latter in
> sufficient quantities?
>
> Is this sudden spate of announcement on new energy efficiency
> technologies related to big spike in prices at the gas pump these days?
> ie. are snake-oil salesmen crawling out of the woodwork faster than the
> rats & snakes fleeing Rita & Katrina?
>

> Comments?

Nope, not feasible. To hydrogen enrich fuel in an auto, either buy
reformed methane in a cylinder or find an inexpensive on-board hydrocarbon
reformer.

Don W.

Old September 22nd 05, 10:06 AM
mst

On 21 Sep 2005 23:05:43 -0700 " >
wrote:

> So I'm just asking

Troll.

--
remove MYSHOES to email
Old September 22nd 05, 12:44 PM
Hugo Schmeisser

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money-s...n_article_id=4
> 03819&in_page_id=5
>
> Another company claiming to boost combustion efficiency by injecting
> H2 into the fuel mixture. This concept claims that hydrogen will be
> extracted from water by centrifugation, to then inject it into the
> fuel mix. A new spin on the same idea, if you'll forgive the pun.
>
> So I'm just asking if this sounds at all feasible. How much H2 can you
> extract from H2O by centrifugation?? I've never really heard of this
> approach before. Can centrifugal force be used to efficiently split
> water, or separate it from dissolved H2 gas to generate the latter in
> sufficient quantities?

1) How much energy would it take to spin a centrifuge fast enough to
accomplish this? More than the hydrogen would yield itself?

2) If it were that easy to extract hydrogen, don't you think somebody
would be doing it already? Such as hydrogen-friendly General Motors?

> Is this sudden spate of announcement on new energy efficiency
> technologies related to big spike in prices at the gas pump these
> days?

Yes. It happens every time people become fearful of supply. To mind
comes 1959, 1973, 1979...
Old September 22nd 05, 02:54 PM
John S.

> Heh, hold back the flames, plz, and read this one:

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money-s...9&in_page_id=5

> Another company claiming to boost combustion efficiency by injecting H2
> into the fuel mixture. This concept claims that hydrogen will be
> extracted from water by centrifugation, to then inject it into the fuel
> mix. A new spin on the same idea, if you'll forgive the pun.
>
> So I'm just asking if this sounds at all feasible. How much H2 can you
> extract from H2O by centrifugation?? I've never really heard of this
> approach before. Can centrifugal force be used to efficiently split
> water, or separate it from dissolved H2 gas to generate the latter in
> sufficient quantities?
>
> Is this sudden spate of announcement on new energy efficiency
> technologies related to big spike in prices at the gas pump these days?
> ie. are snake-oil salesmen crawling out of the woodwork faster than the
> rats & snakes fleeing Rita & Katrina?

Gadgets that are purported to extract free energy from water have been
around in various forms for decades. This is nothing more than a way
to separate you from your money.

Old September 22nd 05, 03:03 PM
Don Lancaster

> Heh, hold back the flames, plz, and read this one:

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money-s...9&in_page_id=5

> Another company claiming to boost combustion efficiency by injecting H2
> into the fuel mixture. This concept claims that hydrogen will be
> extracted from water by centrifugation, to then inject it into the fuel
> mix. A new spin on the same idea, if you'll forgive the pun.
>
> So I'm just asking if this sounds at all feasible. How much H2 can you
> extract from H2O by centrifugation?? I've never really heard of this
> approach before. Can centrifugal force be used to efficiently split
> water, or separate it from dissolved H2 gas to generate the latter in
> sufficient quantities?
>
> Is this sudden spate of announcement on new energy efficiency
> technologies related to big spike in prices at the gas pump these days?
> ie. are snake-oil salesmen crawling out of the woodwork faster than the
> rats & snakes fleeing Rita & Katrina?
>

> Comments?

Faraday's Law ain't broke.

See the discussion at http://www.tinaja.com/whtnu05.asp and the
tutorials at http://www.tinaja.com/glib/energfun.pdf and
http://www.tinaja.com/muse153.pdf

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster
Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552
voice: (928)428-4073 email:

Please visit my GURU's LAIR web site at
http://www.tinaja.com
Old September 22nd 05, 06:06 PM
Don Bruder

In article .com>,
" > wrote:

> Heh, hold back the flames, plz, and read this one:
>
> http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money-s...e_id=403819&in
> _page_id=5
>
> Another company claiming to boost combustion efficiency by injecting H2
> into the fuel mixture. This concept claims that hydrogen will be
> extracted from water by centrifugation, to then inject it into the fuel
> mix. A new spin on the same idea, if you'll forgive the pun.
>
> So I'm just asking if this sounds at all feasible.

No.

> How much H2 can you
> extract from H2O by centrifugation??

None. As in "zero". As in "dream on".

Because it's the biggest load of total bull**** since Sasquatch.

> Can centrifugal force be used to

<scratches out "efficiently" and substitutes "at all">
> split water, or separate it from dissolved H2 gas

No.

> to generate the latter in
> sufficient quantities?

No. Not in any measurable quantity.

> Is this sudden spate of announcement on new energy efficiency
> technologies related to big spike in prices at the gas pump these days?
> ie. are snake-oil salesmen crawling out of the woodwork faster than the
> rats & snakes fleeing Rita & Katrina?

Yes.

--
Don Bruder - - New Email policy in effect as of Feb. 21, 2004.
See <http://www.sonic.net/~dakidd/main/contact.html> for full details.
Old September 22nd 05, 07:49 PM

Oh Ghod, do we have another water powered car scam surfacing?

Harry C.

Old September 22nd 05, 10:13 PM

Many years ago, in this little t***hole town, a dude drove into a service
station and asked the attendant
to fill his tank with water. The attendant resisted, but finally did what
the dude wanted.

The dude took a small white pill out of a container and put it down the fill
tube, then started his car.

You can guess the rest. The attendant was scammed into buying the
miraculous pills and the
dude drove off (with gasoline from his reserve tank).

There is no free lunch.

Old September 22nd 05, 10:16 PM
fkasner

Don Lancaster wrote:
> wrote:
>
>> Heh, hold back the flames, plz, and read this one:

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money-s...9&in_page_id=5

>> Another company claiming to boost combustion efficiency by injecting H2
>> into the fuel mixture. This concept claims that hydrogen will be
>> extracted from water by centrifugation, to then inject it into the fuel
>> mix. A new spin on the same idea, if you'll forgive the pun.
>>
>> So I'm just asking if this sounds at all feasible. How much H2 can you
>> extract from H2O by centrifugation?? I've never really heard of this
>> approach before. Can centrifugal force be used to efficiently split
>> water, or separate it from dissolved H2 gas to generate the latter in
>> sufficient quantities?
>>
>> Is this sudden spate of announcement on new energy efficiency
>> technologies related to big spike in prices at the gas pump these days?
>> ie. are snake-oil salesmen crawling out of the woodwork faster than the
>> rats & snakes fleeing Rita & Katrina?
>>

>> Comments?
>>

> Faraday's Law ain't broke.
>
> See the discussion at http://www.tinaja.com/whtnu05.asp and the
> tutorials at http://www.tinaja.com/glib/energfun.pdf and
> http://www.tinaja.com/muse153.pdf

I guess you could calculate (it's not difficult) what rotational speed
would be needed for a centrifuge to attain IR energies. However I
suspect that there is no material that could stand the internal stresses
that such speed would entail. It isn't even worth the effort to do so
since the center seeking force would apply to the whole molecule and how
could that cause the bond to break. Besides there is the little problem
of relativistic energies.
FK