RSC moderators - what is the purpose of the public warnings?

Old August 25th 05, 01:15 PM
Byron Forbes

Look, one of Reggie's rels!

Wonder who he's talking too!

Old August 25th 05, 01:17 PM
Byron Forbes

"jason moyer" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Byron Forbes wrote:
>
>> I think you should have a very short discussion about whether to use
>> this "feature" of that wonderful software that concludes with "No, we
>> shouldn't!".

> The entire purpose of a warning system being public is to serve as a
> deterrent. The only alternative would be to insta-ban people, and
> personally I'd rather have a system where you need 6 yellow warnings in
> 1 week than a system where I'm having a bad day and snap on someone
> gets me permanently banned.

I see no need for deterents to be in the form of public exhibitions.
Anyone that will ultimately be banned would probably be more likely to rebel
against this **** even more. Seems like a bunch of kids with a new toy to
me.

Old August 25th 05, 03:54 PM
jason moyer

Byron Forbes wrote:

> I see no need for deterents to be in the form of public exhibitions.
> Anyone that will ultimately be banned would probably be more likely to rebel
> against this **** even more. Seems like a bunch of kids with a new toy to
> me.

Maybe. RSC is run pretty much the same as any other UBB forum, with
the exception that most of them don't tolerate 6 minor warnings in 1
week.