What is a your priority while purchasing a car?

Old May 31st 11, 12:28 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Amruta

Default What is a your priority while purchasing a car?

There are alot of personal things to look while buying a new car.
Choosing a car is an important decision that merits
careful planning. whether you intend to use the car for daily
commuting, recreation, weekends and evenings out, driving in
the city or on highways. so many factors comes in mind.It is really a
tough decision to take, What will you consider on high
priorities while buying a new car?
http://www.pollpotato.com/100452_Wha...asing_a_ car?

Thanks.
Old June 1st 11, 12:44 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Tegger[_3_]

Amruta > wrote in
:

> There are alot of personal things to look while buying a new car.
> Choosing a car is an important decision that merits
> careful planning. whether you intend to use the car for daily
> commuting, recreation, weekends and evenings out, driving in
> the city or on highways. so many factors comes in mind.It is really a
> tough decision to take, What will you consider on high
> priorities while buying a new car?
> http://www.
>
> Thanks.

Well, my first priority is making sure any used car I consider has not been
owned by someone named "Amruta".

--
Tegger
Old June 1st 11, 04:34 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

A new car? Ford.I wouldn't even think about buying anything else, but,
it would be a new full size Ford van for me.
cuhulin

Old June 1st 11, 07:28 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
m6onz5a

On May 31, 7:28*am, Amruta > wrote:
> There are alot of personal things to look while buying a new car.
> Choosing a car is an important decision that merits
> careful planning. whether you intend to use the car for daily
> commuting, recreation, weekends and evenings out, driving in
> the city or on highways. so many factors comes in mind.It is really a
> tough decision to take, What will you consider on high
> priorities while buying a new car?http://www.pollpotato.com/100452_Wha...y_while_purcha...
>
> Thanks.

What most people don't think about is repair costs. I see it all of
the time where someone bought some car with those $100+ headlight
bulbs and freak out when hear the price. Or a $50 thermostat, $300 EGR
valve, or a $1k converter, or a $400 O/2 sensor.

Get a car in mind and call your FLAPS and price the brakes, tune up,
etc. or look the parts up online.

Cuhulin I'd never own a Ford van.. I see too many of them going down
the road crooked.

Chas

Old June 1st 11, 03:55 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Those early model Chevrolet cars way back many years ago, the front
suspension leaf springs were real good about slipping out of alignment
where they were mounted onto the front axel.

It used to be not too many years ago, sometimes I would see cars going
down the road crooked.And some cars with a bad wheel wobble.Some cars
and trucks dragging a piece of chain along the road, suppose to drain of
static electricity.

One of the places where I used to work was a cotton oil plant.One of
those guys there always has a piece or copper wire around one of his
ankles.He said it was to drain off electricity.
cuhulin

Old June 1st 11, 06:58 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Amruta

On Jun 1, 7:55*pm, wrote:
> Those early model Chevrolet cars way back many years ago, the front
> suspension leaf springs were real good about slipping out of alignment
> where they were mounted onto the front axel.
>
> It used to be not too many years ago, sometimes I would see cars going
> down the road crooked.And some cars with a bad wheel wobble.Some cars
> and trucks dragging a piece of chain along the road, suppose to drain of
> static electricity.
>
> One of the places where I used to work was a cotton oil plant.One of
> those guys there always has a piece or copper wire around one of his
> ankles.He said it was to drain off electricity.
> cuhulin

Thanks Chas & Cuhulin,
Special thanks Chas, You pointed out a very important criteria.
I missed it and I see very few people think of Repair/maintenance
costs while buying vehicle.
Its a huge recurring burden.
Amruta.
Old June 1st 11, 08:23 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Look around online for restored or partially restored classic cars for
sale.Those 1960s sporty looking Ford Falcons are nice cars.I once owned
a plain jane 1969 Ford Falcon, it had 4 doors and a 6 cylinder engine
and manual shift transmission.I also owned a 1965 Ford Falcon with an
automatic shift transmission and 6 cylinder engine and 4 doors, it had
airconditioning too.I have owned a Lot of old cars before, and a few
pickup trucks.
cuhulin

Old June 2nd 11, 10:23 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
larry moe 'n curly

Amruta wrote:

> What will you consider on high priorities while buying a new car?

The availability of bulletproofing. My wife had her Mazda armored,
and the rough ride improved.
Old June 3rd 11, 02:11 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
liu

There is no MPG in the survey. I would not buy anything lower than
25mpg. maintenance cost and reliability would be another 2 for me.