1995 VW Jetta III GL

Old September 9th 08, 07:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
tombstone

Default 1995 VW Jetta III GL

Hello!

My daugher has a 1996 VW Jetta III GL with the dreaded automatic
transmission. It was rebuilt by a reputable transmission shop in the
Pittsbugh area.

Recently, she's been having an increased problem with the transmission
hunting for gears. She said is seems to happen only when the
transmision is warm. When she first starts driving all seems to be
good.but shifts harder and more random as the transmission heats up.

Before I had it rebuilt I shipped the valve body out for testing -
which came back OK - and had the transmission cooler replaced since it
appearted to be a temp. related issue.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to what to look for next?

Thanks!

Jeff
Old September 10th 08, 01:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Ears

Try synthetic, high-grade transmission fluid. It might be breaking
down and/or getting thin as the car warms up.

Old September 10th 08, 10:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Lost In Space/Woodchuck[_4_]

any engine or trans faults? BTW, I'm in the PGH area... who did the trans?

Old September 13th 08, 11:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
tombstone

There is a random check engine light that has been popping up for
ever. We had the codes pulled a while ago and there was nothing.
Lucilles did the rebuild. They've been fantastic in trying to
continue to troubleshoot.
My daughter's boyfriend had his rebuilt at a different location and it
was doing the same thing.

1995 jetta stalls randomly ss17goku VW water cooled 5 April 21st 07 07:32 PM
1995 Jetta 2l Oil Sensors JRE VW water cooled 1 May 29th 06 10:46 AM
1995 VW JETTA 3000 RPM ISSUE varmint596 VW water cooled 2 September 13th 05 08:03 PM
1995 jetta GLS JoaoC VW water cooled 2 June 25th 05 02:26 PM
1995 Jetta transmission Rick VW water cooled 1 September 22nd 04 01:58 PM