Passat body creak

Old August 30th 08, 09:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Geoff Hammond[_2_]

Default Passat body creak

Since new, my 2007 Passat has creaked when driving slowly over smooth but
undulating surfaces. The creaks come from the body panels (not the dash) and
not just from a single source.

The dealer at first said (as they do) that there was no fault, but VW
Australia have apparently now issued a service bulletin acknowledging the
fault.

A warranty service last week installed an "oil foam" part meant to stop the
creaks, but it didn't work. The car is now in the shop to be stripped to
discover the source of the creaks, and will be off the road for perhaps two
weeks.

Any similar experiences out there? Any fixes?

Geoff Hammond

Old August 30th 08, 01:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Lost In Space/Woodchuck[_4_]

are they sure it's the body and not the front suspension?

Old August 30th 08, 01:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Craig[_7_]

Just let the dealership worry about it now. Now that they have acknowledged
the issue its their problem now. Not sure what the laws are in Aus. Here in
Canada if they can't fix it in 3-4 attempts they have to buy the car back.

Craig

. ..

Old August 31st 08, 02:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Geoff Hammond[_2_]

I haven't spoken to a mechanic -- the dealership keeps them hidden behind
the front office staff. The creaks come from the back half of the car, so it
doesn't sound like the front suspension.

Geoff

creak in rear 01 c5 rebco10 Corvette 3 April 11th 08 02:19 PM
Throttle body - 99 V6 Passat BK[_3_] VW water cooled 5 August 31st 06 07:50 PM
TT tailgate creak Martin Smith Audi 0 June 4th 06 04:30 PM
2000 vw passat body kits tootalltexas VW water cooled 1 September 26th 05 02:14 AM
Any Way to De-Creak Interior Panels? c Ford Mustang 10 July 1st 05 05:05 PM