What is it ???

Old August 28th 07, 11:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Terry[_4_]

Default What is it ???

I have a 65' Bug and am trying to figure out what engine is in it. I
am sure it has been changed from its 40hp state. Under the generator
stand it shows the Encircled VW logo, then it has an F, which is
crooked looking like it could have been stamped like that, and the
numbers 0460208 to the right of that. I know a 66' model was an F code
1300cc, but being the F is crooked I am wondering about it. It has
plenty of power, runs as good or better than my 67' 1500cc Bug. Does
anybody have a cross over for the numbers on the block maybe ? Thanks
for any help. Terry............

Old August 28th 07, 11:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Eddie

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/...ssisdating.php

--
Eddie
1965 Beetle

oups.com...

Old August 29th 07, 12:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Terry[_4_]

On Aug 28, 6:59 pm, "Eddie" > wrote:
> http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/...ssisdating.php
>
> --
> Eddie
> 1965 Beetlehttp://picasaweb.google.com/feuerkafer
>
> "Terry" > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...
> |I have a 65' Bug and am trying to figure out what engine is in it. I
> | am sure it has been changed from its 40hp state. Under the generator
> | stand it shows the Encircled VW logo, then it has an F, which is
> | crooked looking like it could have been stamped like that, and the
> | numbers 0460208 to the right of that. I know a 66' model was an F code
> | 1300cc, but being the F is crooked I am wondering about it. It has
> | plenty of power, runs as good or better than my 67' 1500cc Bug. Does
> | anybody have a cross over for the numbers on the block maybe ? Thanks
> | for any help. Terry............

I don't see my number on the list, do you ?

Old August 29th 07, 12:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Eddie

F0 442 242 starts in Dec.1965
F0 521 075 starts in Jan. 1966

"Terry" > wrote in message
ups.com...
| On Aug 28, 6:59 pm, "Eddie" > wrote:
| > http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/...ssisdating.php
| >
| > --
| > Eddie
| > 1965 Beetlehttp://picasaweb.google.com/feuerkafer
| >
| > "Terry" > wrote in message
| >
| > oups.com...
| > |I have a 65' Bug and am trying to figure out what engine is in it. I
| > | am sure it has been changed from its 40hp state. Under the generator
| > | stand it shows the Encircled VW logo, then it has an F, which is
| > | crooked looking like it could have been stamped like that, and the
| > | numbers 0460208 to the right of that. I know a 66' model was an F code
| > | 1300cc, but being the F is crooked I am wondering about it. It has
| > | plenty of power, runs as good or better than my 67' 1500cc Bug. Does
| > | anybody have a cross over for the numbers on the block maybe ? Thanks
| > | for any help. Terry............
| > |

Old August 29th 07, 12:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Terry[_4_]

On Aug 28, 7:16 pm, "Eddie" > wrote:
> F0 442 242 starts in Dec.1965
> F0 521 075 starts in Jan. 1966
>
> "Terry" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
> | On Aug 28, 6:59 pm, "Eddie" > wrote:
> | >http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/...ssisdating.php
> | >
> | > --
> | > Eddie
> | > 1965 Beetlehttp://picasaweb.google.com/feuerkafer
> | >
> | > "Terry" > wrote in message
> | >
> | roups.com...
> | > |

> | I don't see my number on the list, do you ?

Does that mean its a 65 engine ?

Old August 29th 07, 01:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Speedy Jim

Terry wrote:
> On Aug 28, 7:16 pm, "Eddie" > wrote:
>
>>F0 442 242 starts in Dec.1965
>>F0 521 075 starts in Jan. 1966
>>
>>"Terry" > wrote in message

roups.com...

>>| roups.com...
>>| > |

>>| I don't see my number on the list, do you ?
>>|

> Does that mean its a 65 engine ?

The '66 model year began in Aug '65.
'66 engines were 1300cc SP.
One year only (US).
Still 6V.

Speedy Jim
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/
Old August 29th 07, 08:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Speedy Jim

Terry wrote:
> On Aug 28, 7:16 pm, "Eddie" > wrote:
>
>>F0 442 242 starts in Dec.1965
>>F0 521 075 starts in Jan. 1966
>>
>>"Terry" > wrote in message

roups.com...

>>| roups.com...
>>| > |

>>| I don't see my number on the list, do you ?
>>|

> Does that mean its a 65 engine ?

This same subject came up on ShopTalk:
http://shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic....956 747897876