2000 vw jetta heat and air control problems

Old September 22nd 08, 10:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
ktictac68

Default 2000 vw jetta heat and air control problems

have a 2000 vw jetta and the heat/defrost/air does not work. when you
turn the nob nothing happens. can anyone help :?:

--
Posted at author's request, using http://www.AutoBoardz.com interface.
Articles individually moderated. Abuse/Problem? Report at http://www.AutoBoardz.com/contact.html
Old September 23rd 08, 12:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Craig[_7_]

Checked all your fuses????

Craig

news:1210446_375f5fd7780cf4ec1c3b311b4d8234ef@auto boardz.com...

Old September 23rd 08, 02:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Lost In Space/Woodchuck[_4_]

yep sounds broke to me. Does air blow out of the dash vents when fan is
turned on?

Old September 23rd 08, 02:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
dave AKA vwdoc1[_2_]

gotta turn the blower on first and try all speeds!
Is that the knob you are referring to?

maybe a bad blower motor or a bad switch.
--
later,
(One out of many daves)

"Craig" > wrote in message
> Checked all your fuses????
>

> Craig
>
> "ktictac68" > wrote in message
> news:1210446_375f5fd7780cf4ec1c3b311b4d8234ef@auto boardz.com...
>> have a 2000 vw jetta and the heat/defrost/air does not work. when you
>> turn the nob nothing happens. can anyone help :?:

Cruise Control Problem 2000 Jetta Chris[_3_] VW water cooled 2 August 24th 06 03:42 PM
Heat/vent control slider getting stiff High Tech Misfit Honda 10 January 20th 06 11:45 PM
96 Jetta Coolant Light & No Heat Lee VW water cooled 3 March 6th 05 08:06 PM
96 Jetta No Heat Lee VW water cooled 9 March 5th 05 06:04 PM
2004 Jetta TDI-Little Heat Charlie Wendell VW water cooled 9 February 21st 05 05:28 PM