RSC's banning getting out of hand

Old September 3rd 05, 02:20 AM
Jeff Reid

>> As usual you never answer the questions. One more time, is there
>> really one banned member creating new account just to troll and
>> malign as claimed by Dan? Did anyone check the ips of these
>> accounts?

> It's none of your damn business how many members may or may not be doing it.

Dan's claming it's just one member, I suspect it's zero members
creating new accounts, as RSC could ban members by IP.

>> Again, you don't answer the question. What facts am I missing?
>>
>> What was wrong with the post made in this by the member that Dan
>> responsded to? Dan states that RSC doesn't ban members for
>> protesting a warning, yet the member he's responding to is
>> instanbanned. I don't think I'm missing any facts here.
>>
>> http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=138737
>>
>> and in my case, which of my PM's were impolite.
>>

> Try reading the whole post by Dan that you keep on referring to, mainly the 1st 2 sentences and try to figure out how
> it might correspond to the person he quoted...

What do my posts at RAS have to do with what a member posts at RSC?
Again, what rule was violated by the member the Dan is responding to?

You have yet to answer this question.

Old September 3rd 05, 02:56 AM
Scirocco

"Jeff Reid" > wrote in message
> Dan's claming it's just one member, I suspect it's zero members
> creating new accounts, as RSC could ban members by IP.

That's right, there are zero members creating new accounts. When a new
account is created, it's magically done be elves.

>>> Again, you don't answer the question. What facts am I missing?
>>>
>>> What was wrong with the post made in this by the member that Dan
>>> responsded to? Dan states that RSC doesn't ban members for
>>> protesting a warning, yet the member he's responding to is
>>> instanbanned. I don't think I'm missing any facts here.
>>>
>>> http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=138737
>>>
>>> and in my case, which of my PM's were impolite.
>>>

>> Try reading the whole post by Dan that you keep on referring to, mainly
>> the 1st 2 sentences and try to figure out how it might correspond to the
>> person he quoted...

> What do my posts at RAS have to do with what a member posts at RSC?
> Again, what rule was violated by the member the Dan is responding to?
>
> You have yet to answer this question.

WTF? Where did I mention anything at all about posts at RAS vs. RSC? Can
you not find the only post by Dan in the following thread you keep linking
to? http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=138737 Here ya go,a direct
link to the post:
http://forum.rscnet.org/showpost.php...2&postcount=25 Now, try
reading the 1st 2 sentences that Dan Murray typed.... The 1st time I read
it and saw that abbakus was banned, it seemed pretty obvious to me that he's
a previously banned member. If so, there are rules about having duplicate
accounts and posting on behalf of a banned member....

Old September 3rd 05, 03:26 AM
Jeff Reid

>> Dan's claming it's just one member, I suspect it's zero members
>> creating new accounts, as RSC could ban members by IP.

> That's right, there are zero members creating new accounts. When a new account is created, it's magically done be
> elves.

I meant the same player couldn't create a new account, as a
forum could just check for a duplicate IP.

> reading the 1st 2 sentences that Dan Murray typed.... The 1st time I read it and saw that abbakus was banned, it
> seemed pretty obvious to me that he's a previously banned member. If so, there are rules about having duplicate
> accounts and posting on behalf of a banned member....

Ok, there's no way I could know this. Just wondering what standard of
proof RSC uses for their accusations of a previously banned member. Did
the IP match one of a previously banned member?

It just seems suspcicious that it was just after that post that abbakus
was banned.