1965 Bug disc brakes

Old May 14th 07, 04:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Terry[_4_]

Default 1965 Bug disc brakes

Does anyone know of anybody that offers a front disc brake kit for a
pre-66' bug with the king pin type front end ? I have had no luck
finding one and I am told that the ball joint type front end will not
bolt in to a 65' model bug either. Any clues or help would be
appreciated...........

Old May 14th 07, 05:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
bug '59

"Terry" > schreef in bericht
oups.com...
> Does anyone know of anybody that offers a front disc brake kit for a
> pre-66' bug with the king pin type front end ? I have had no luck
> finding one and I am told that the ball joint type front end will not
> bolt in to a 65' model bug either. Any clues or help would be
> appreciated...........

http://www.aircooled.net/new-bin/cat...=BW&p erpage=

Hope this helps,
Roger

Old May 14th 07, 05:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Terry[_4_]

On May 14, 11:01 am, "bug '59" >
wrote:
> "Terry" > schreef in ooglegroups.com...
>
> > Does anyone know of anybody that offers a front disc brake kit for a
> > pre-66' bug with the king pin type front end ? I have had no luck
> > finding one and I am told that the ball joint type front end will not
> > bolt in to a 65' model bug either. Any clues or help would be
> > appreciated...........

> http://www.aircooled.net/new-bin/cat...id=BWK&cmd=lis...
>
> Hope this helps,
> Roger

Thanks Roger, that did help although I didn't realize they would be
that expensive. 700.00 is a lot for disc brakes knowing that if it was
a year newer with ball joints I could do it for 300.00. Thanks for the
info though..........

Old May 14th 07, 06:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
bug '59

"Terry" > schreef in bericht
oups.com...
> On May 14, 11:01 am, "bug '59" >
> wrote:
>> "Terry" > schreef in
>> ooglegroups.com...
>>
>> > Does anyone know of anybody that offers a front disc brake kit for a
>> > pre-66' bug with the king pin type front end ? I have had no luck
>> > finding one and I am told that the ball joint type front end will not
>> > bolt in to a 65' model bug either. Any clues or help would be
>> > appreciated...........

>> http://www.aircooled.net/new-bin/cat...id=BWK&cmd=lis...
>>
>> Hope this helps,
>> Roger

> Thanks Roger, that did help although I didn't realize they would be
> that expensive. 700.00 is a lot for disc brakes knowing that if it was
> a year newer with ball joints I could do it for 300.00. Thanks for the
> info though..........

Nobody said it was cheap.. <G>
However it is cheaper than to redo the front after a colission 'cause you
couldn't brake fast enough..

Good luck,
Roger

Old May 17th 07, 01:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected][_1_]

On May 14, 1:39?pm, "bug '59" >
wrote:
> "Terry" > schreef in ooglegroups.com...
>

> > On May 14, 11:01 am, "bug '59" >
> > wrote:
> >> "Terry" > schreef in
> >> ooglegroups.com...

> >>http://www.aircooled.net/new-bin/cat...id=BWK&cmd=lis...

> >> Hope this helps,
> >> Roger

> > Thanks Roger, that did help although I didn't realize they would be
> > that expensive. 700.00 is a lot for disc brakes knowing that if it was
> > a year newer with ball joints I could do it for 300.00. Thanks for the
> > info though..........

> Nobody said it was cheap.. <G>
> However it is cheaper than to redo the front after a colission 'cause you
> couldn't brake fast enough..
>
> Good luck,
> Roger- Hide quoted text -

It looks like Steve Serrano has the kit you need for $425
or 310-533-8273

Mario
Vintage Werks resto

upgrade to disc brakes bug '59 VW air cooled 6 January 17th 07 05:29 PM
Drum Brakes and Disc Brakes, A Historical Question phaeton Technology 39 November 19th 06 10:12 AM
Dragging Disc Brakes Rich Hampel Jeep 6 March 4th 06 02:57 AM
Disc brakes won't release [email protected] Technology 12 September 12th 05 08:37 PM
rear disc brakes Ben Boyle VW air cooled 5 March 2nd 05 08:14 PM