fox steering problem...

Old June 4th 13, 05:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
jim stewart

Default fox steering problem...

'92 4cyl lx rag joint is falling apart...what is the easiest way to replace?
....in UK

Old June 4th 13, 05:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
jim stewart

"jim stewart" > wrote in message
> '92 4cyl lx rag joint is falling apart...what is the easiest way to
> replace? ...in UK

is this what I want ? .......

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...haft-Rag-Joint

Old June 5th 13, 12:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

On Tue, 4 Jun 2013 17:36:04 +0100, "jim stewart"
> wrote:

>"jim stewart" > wrote in message
>> '92 4cyl lx rag joint is falling apart...what is the easiest way to
>> replace? ...in UK
>>

>is this what I want ? .......
>
>http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...haft-Rag-Joint

maybe. I bought a similar kit for my 69 firebird and there was no way
to make it work when I compared it to the old one. Also, you need to
be able to remove the rivets on the old one.
Old June 11th 13, 11:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
jim stewart

"Ashton Crusher" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 4 Jun 2013 17:36:04 +0100, "jim stewart"
> > wrote:
>

>>"jim stewart" > wrote in message
>>> '92 4cyl lx rag joint is falling apart...what is the easiest way to
>>> replace? ...in UK
>>>

>>is this what I want ? .......
>>
>>http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...haft-Rag-Joint
>>

> maybe. I bought a similar kit for my 69 firebird and there was no way
> to make it work when I compared it to the old one. Also, you need to
> be able to remove the rivets on the old one.

got the rivets out and repair kit arrived this morning....should be a
doddle......

Old June 11th 13, 04:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
jim stewart

"jim stewart" > wrote in message

> "Ashton Crusher" > wrote in message
>> On Tue, 4 Jun 2013 17:36:04 +0100, "jim stewart"
>> > wrote:

>>>is this what I want ? .......
>>>
>>>http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...haft-Rag-Joint
>>>

>> maybe. I bought a similar kit for my 69 firebird and there was no way
>> to make it work when I compared it to the old one. Also, you need to
>> be able to remove the rivets on the old one.
>>

> got the rivets out and repair kit arrived this morning....should be a
> doddle......

fitted....

Old June 13th 13, 08:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
jimbo...

"jim stewart" wrote in message news

"jim stewart" > wrote in message

> "Ashton Crusher" > wrote in message
>> On Tue, 4 Jun 2013 17:36:04 +0100, "jim stewart"
>> > wrote:

>>>is this what I want ? .......
>>>
>>>http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...haft-Rag-Joint
>>>

>> maybe. I bought a similar kit for my 69 firebird and there was no way
>> to make it work when I compared it to the old one. Also, you need to
>> be able to remove the rivets on the old one.
>>

> got the rivets out and repair kit arrived this morning....should be a
> doddle......
>

>fitted....

Mmmmm.......no play any longer.....nice

Old June 14th 13, 04:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
twk

In article >,
"jimbo..." > wrote:

> "jim stewart" wrote in message news >
>
> "jim stewart" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Ashton Crusher" > wrote in message
> >> On Tue, 4 Jun 2013 17:36:04 +0100, "jim stewart"

> >> maybe. I bought a similar kit for my 69 firebird and there was no way
> >> to make it work when I compared it to the old one. Also, you need to
> >> be able to remove the rivets on the old one.
> >>

> > got the rivets out and repair kit arrived this morning....should be a
> > doddle......
> >

> >fitted....

> Mmmmm.......no play any longer.....nice

Congrats! Many years ago I might have tackled a problem like that, but
I'm loosing ambition. That, and I have only one car at this time.

--
For all you know this message was...
Sent via an exclusive network, on a snobby portable computing device.

LHS Steering Problem moster Chrysler 13 June 22nd 07 01:32 AM
Steering Problem rjmax Jeep 2 November 16th 05 03:54 AM
Steering Problem Charles Technology 8 September 18th 05 11:00 PM
Fox steering problem Jon VW water cooled 2 December 11th 04 08:21 PM
SL2 Steering problem Matthew Fusfield Saturn 2 May 8th 04 01:14 AM