2001 L300 A/C compressor question

Old May 25th 10, 12:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Joe's Newsgroup

Default 2001 L300 A/C compressor question

Can I just change the clutch, without changing the compressor.

The clutch is bad not the compressor.

If so where can I purchase the puller tools and clutch,

Thanks in advance
Joe
Old May 31st 10, 10:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Oppie[_7_]

"Joe's Newsgroup" > wrote in message
> Can I just change the clutch, without changing the compressor.
>
> The clutch is bad not the compressor.
>
> If so where can I purchase the puller tools and clutch,
>
> Thanks in advance
> Joe

Most cars have compressors that you can get replacement clutches for. As
long as the gas pressure is still good (no leaks), it is worth changing the
clutch.

Last car I did this on was a Plymouth Voyager and the old compressor came
off easily with an impact wrench on the central bolt. On assembly, I used
blue (removable) thread locker and great care with the impact wrench. The
L300 is a LOT tighter package and a royal pain to get at anything.

Check with auto parts first to see if the clutch is available.