Removing the crankshaft position sensor.

Old October 26th 08, 03:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
AJ[_8_]

Default Removing the crankshaft position sensor.

Getting a P0320 code and failing to start when hot. I am trying to
replace the sensor. Any tricks to getting the sensor out. I have it
loose enough to rotate and I have tried to wiggle it out with no luck.
Nothing I do seems to help..... Someone must have a trick.. I sure
don't want to break it...
TIA
--
Jim
Old October 26th 08, 03:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
AJ[_8_]

AJ wrote:
> Getting a P0320 code and failing to start when hot. I am trying to
> replace the sensor. Any tricks to getting the sensor out. I have it
> loose enough to rotate and I have tried to wiggle it out with no luck.
> Nothing I do seems to help..... Someone must have a trick.. I sure
> don't want to break it...
> TIA

OOOOOOOOPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSS Forgot 02 Jeep Liberty with the 3.7...

--
Jim
Old October 26th 08, 05:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Scott in Baltimore

AJ wrote:
> AJ wrote:
>> Getting a P0320 code and failing to start when hot. I am trying to
>> replace the sensor. Any tricks to getting the sensor out. I have it
>> loose enough to rotate and I have tried to wiggle it out with no luck.
>> Nothing I do seems to help..... Someone must have a trick.. I sure
>> don't want to break it...
>> TIA

> OOOOOOOOPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSS Forgot 02 Jeep Liberty with the 3.7...

There was another thread where someone used ramps and removed the front driveshaft
and was able to access the bolts with some long extensions.
Old October 26th 08, 06:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
AJ[_8_]

Scott in Baltimore wrote:

> There was another thread where someone used ramps and removed the front
> driveshaft
> and was able to access the bolts with some long extensions.

Got the bolt out... am able to rotate the sensor. The thing I
can't do is get it out. It seems to be corroded in the mounting hole.
I can wiggle it but it seems the O ring is what is holding it in. I
tried to spray it with PB Blaster but that didn't seem to do any good.

--
Jim
Old October 27th 08, 12:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW[_2_]

AJ wrote:
> Scott in Baltimore wrote:
>

>> There was another thread where someone used ramps and removed the
>> front driveshaft
>> and was able to access the bolts with some long extensions.

> Got the bolt out... am able to rotate the sensor. The thing I
> can't do is get it out. It seems to be corroded in the mounting hole.
> I can wiggle it but it seems the O ring is what is holding it in. I
> tried to spray it with PB Blaster but that didn't seem to do any good.

Is the back end hitting the transmission tunnel? That was a problem on
my ZJ that required rotating the sensor till the ear was pointing towards
the engine. If the new one has an o-ring then the old one probably has
some dirt/oil buildup. I'd proabably try to pry it out. your call on that one.

--
DougW

Old November 2nd 08, 04:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
man of machines

i use a trim tool with a slight bend to it on it prys it out