starts then quits

Old February 12th 07, 12:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
blk98cobra

Default starts then quits

My 98 cobra will start and run for about 5 minutes then quit, it will fire
right back and do the same thing. It will quit while going down the road
too but will start right up again. Does anyone have any ideas of what
could be wrong? Thanks

Old February 12th 07, 01:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Gumby619[_2_]

"blk98cobra" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> My 98 cobra will start and run for about 5 minutes then quit, it will fire
> right back and do the same thing. It will quit while going down the road
> too but will start right up again. Does anyone have any ideas of what
> could be wrong? Thanks

First thought, fuel filter....

Old February 12th 07, 03:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
.boB

blk98cobra wrote:
> My 98 cobra will start and run for about 5 minutes then quit, it will fire
> right back and do the same thing. It will quit while going down the road
> too but will start right up again. Does anyone have any ideas of what
> could be wrong? Thanks

First thought would be fuel delivery. For a simple
(but unlikely) answer, unscrew the filler cap. That's
usually too simple for my luck, though.
After that would be a failing pump, or a clogged
filter.

--
..boB
2006 FXDI hot rod

Old February 12th 07, 05:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
blk98cobra

I am probably making the job harder than it is because I have not checked
the fuel filter, that I will do next. I will update and let you know if
that does the job. Thanks!

91 Accord starts then quits when warm [email protected] Honda 3 January 23rd 07 11:58 AM
91 Accord starts then quits when warm [email protected] Honda 0 January 23rd 07 01:45 AM
Starts after it clicks runs 20 mins and quits. Kidder007 Dodge 0 May 30th 05 05:19 PM
Mustang Quits! Dean Ford Mustang 10 April 7th 05 04:08 AM
windstar quits while driving joedotcom General 0 July 22nd 04 01:27 PM