Green vehicles of 2007

Old April 20th 07, 09:24 PM posted to alt.auto.mercedes,alt.autos.chrysler.sebring,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.toyota
DH

Default Green vehicles of 2007

"Dori A Schmetterling" > wrote in message
> Doesn't pass any So What? test.
>
> No analysis of fleet make-up and total energy cost.
>
> The Toyota Prius is particularly good at salving rich Hollywood stars'
> consciences.
>
> A friend has one. Not that fuel efficient.
>
> DAS

Not that fuel efficient compared to what?

I don't have a Prius, yet, but three of my friends do. None live in
Hollywood. They all love their Priuses and are very happy with the gas
mileage. They get 45 to 53 in town, where they would normally get, at best,
in the upper 20's with an economy car. We have a lot of l-o-n-g stoplights
here and a car that recaptures braking energy and doesn't idle saves a LOT
of fuel.

And they're happy with the highway fuel economy but the improvement is not
as impressive - they typically get 45-48 on the highway and a Corolla,
driven reasonably, might achieve low 40's.

Old April 20th 07, 09:31 PM posted to alt.auto.mercedes,alt.autos.chrysler.sebring,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.toyota
Go Mavs

My Yaris has been getting hella good gas mileage... and it is non hybrid...
I think I have actually been getting over the listed mpg....

.. .

Old April 21st 07, 09:21 PM posted to alt.auto.mercedes,alt.autos.chrysler.sebring,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.toyota
Some O

In article <yq9Wh.52$1M1.37@trnddc01>, "Go Mavs" >
wrote:

> My Yaris has been getting hella good gas mileage... and it is non hybrid...
> I think I have actually been getting over the listed mpg....

An interesting cost comparison would be the Prius vs the much lower cost
Yaris.
I sat in the Yaris at the auto show and was amazed at the room for me
both behind the steering wheel and in the rear seat behind.
Old April 21st 07, 09:37 PM posted to alt.auto.mercedes,alt.autos.chrysler.sebring,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.toyota
Go Mavs

"Some O" > wrote in message
> In article <yq9Wh.52$1M1.37@trnddc01>, "Go Mavs" >
> wrote:
>
>> My Yaris has been getting hella good gas mileage... and it is non
>> hybrid...
>> I think I have actually been getting over the listed mpg....

> An interesting cost comparison would be the Prius vs the much lower cost
> Yaris.
> I sat in the Yaris at the auto show and was amazed at the room for me
> both behind the steering wheel and in the rear seat behind.

The room is fine but if youre 6'2 like me then you need one of two things to
happen. Either the stearing wheel needs to be extended 2 inches.. or the
seats dropped downa couple inches.

Also the stearing wheel is like a cheap feeling plastic. Nothing a steering
wheel cover cant fix.. Other than that I don't have too many complaints.
Mainly because I bought it due to its cost efficency and gas mileage...

P.S. it is a pretty smooth ride.

Old April 22nd 07, 01:17 AM posted to alt.auto.mercedes,alt.autos.chrysler.sebring,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.toyota
Tomes

"Some O" ...
> "Go Mavs":
>
>> My Yaris has been getting hella good gas mileage... and it is non
>> hybrid...
>> I think I have actually been getting over the listed mpg....

> An interesting cost comparison would be the Prius vs the much lower cost
> Yaris.
> I sat in the Yaris at the auto show and was amazed at the room for me
> both behind the steering wheel and in the rear seat behind.

Sitting in one at a show and actually driving one is very different. We
spent a lot of time driving it and the Prius when we were deciding between
the two. The Yaris is a capable scooter, but as has been discussed here,
we found the wheel to be uncomfortable and we also found the seats to be
too cardboardy. We use it for both around town and long distance trips.
Being that the Prius is a much more comfortable vehicle and more robust,
we went with the Prius and are still glad that we did. We are getting 53
MPG around town these days.
Tomes

Old April 22nd 07, 04:32 AM posted to alt.auto.mercedes,alt.autos.chrysler.sebring,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.toyota
Stabilized

What can I say is small cars do give you a better mileage
when comparing with others.

I was told the same thing by a friend of mine who owned a
Honda Jazz.

Do you see the point here...

_____________________________________
Free Tips to Save Car Gas Bill & Much More
@ www.HowCanISaveMoney.com/tips03.htm

Get Any eBook for Free
@ http://tinyurl.com/2uunnx

Old April 22nd 07, 11:44 PM posted to alt.auto.mercedes,alt.autos.chrysler.sebring,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.toyota
Go Mavs

yeah the wheel and the seats are annoying.. but the wheel can be remedied..
and nicer seats can be put in it... but ultimately, as one person said.. you
get what you pay for ...
ink.net...

Old April 26th 07, 09:07 AM posted to alt.auto.mercedes,alt.autos.chrysler.sebring,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.toyota
Some O

In article <cCuWh.1107$Wa.210@trnddc08>, "Go Mavs" >
wrote:
"Some O" > wrote in message

> > I sat in the Yaris at the auto show and was amazed at the room for me
> > both behind the steering wheel and in the rear seat behind.

> The room is fine but if youre 6'2 like me then you need one of two things to
> happen. Either the stearing wheel needs to be extended 2 inches.. or the
> seats dropped downa couple inches

I had that problem of too far away from the steering wheel in the
Corolla, but not in the Yaris.