Honda CRV door panel

Old March 24th 07, 06:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
raiderman96734

Default Honda CRV door panel

My driver side power window does not work and I want to remove the door
panel. I don't know where to begin. Anyone have a suggestion or
step-by-step directions on how to do it?

Old March 25th 07, 11:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
motsco_[_1_]

raiderman96734 wrote:
> My driver side power window does not work and I want to remove the door
> panel. I don't know where to begin. Anyone have a suggestion or
> step-by-step directions on how to do it?

-------------------------------

If it's a generation 1, the install sheets for the tweeter kit will give
you exactly what you need. If it's a Gen II, there might be something
specific if you dig around, or just improvise with the gen 1 sheets.

http://www.hondasuv.com/crv/viewforum.php?f=25

It's helpful to mention what year, model, mileage and which side the
driver's seat is on. (country)

'Curly'
Old March 29th 07, 08:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
JB[_6_]

On Mar 24, 2:53 am, "raiderman96734" > wrote:
> My driver side power window does not work and I want to remove the door
> panel. I don't know where to begin. Anyone have a suggestion or
> step-by-step directions on how to do it?

I don't know about CRVs but my Accords (2) and Civic (1) have snaps
along the outer edge of the interior door panel. Of course you have
to remove screws that hold the armrest, door speakers, and any power
window/mirror controls. You really should get the shop manual that
shows the location of all connecting hardware and a door trim tool for
the snaps that will pop those little buggers without breaking them.
Having a picture showing everything is alot better than guessing and
breaking something. (Been there, done that!)

--Jeff

Old March 29th 07, 11:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
motsco_[_1_]

raiderman96734 wrote:
> My driver side power window does not work and I want to remove the door
> panel. I don't know where to begin. Anyone have a suggestion or
> step-by-step directions on how to do it?

=====================================

Sorry, forgot to mention:

Pictures of all the door parts (including placement of clips) are at
www.slhondaparts.com

'Curly'

Old March 30th 07, 01:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
JB[_6_]

On Mar 29, 6:10 pm, motsco_ > wrote:
> raiderman96734 wrote:
> > My driver side power window does not work and I want to remove the door
> > panel. I don't know where to begin. Anyone have a suggestion or
> > step-by-step directions on how to do it?

> =====================================
>
> Sorry, forgot to mention:
>
> Pictures of all the door parts (including placement of clips) are atwww.slhondaparts.com
>
> 'Curly'

Be very careful...a Parts Dept catalog is better than nothing, but is
not the same as looking at a service manual. I checked your link...it
doesn't show HOW to remove the panel nor does it show what parts to
remove in what order. If the poster wants to remove the window or
motor, there is a sequence of steps. The parts view doesn't show
that.

--Jeff