Speed Calibration!

Old February 15th 07, 01:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
mustangGT_00

Default Speed Calibration!

Good day guys,
I got 4.10 gears installed in my 00 GT. The speed odometer is not reading
the actual speed. I know SpeedCal is the needed thing in here, but I'm
just too busy with school and work. I talked to some people and it seems
like I need an expert to talk to. Can any one help me with tips about this
part (function, price, installation, etc..). Your help is appreciated.
I Mak

Old February 15th 07, 06:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Les Benn

There should be a speedometer calibration shop in your area. Probably used
by the local police too. I was told last time I had an issue with
calibration is to drive a measured 10 mile distance then note what your
speedo reads, using the difference they can put in the needed pieces parts
to make it read accurately.

lkaboutautos.com...

Old February 15th 07, 10:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
My Name Is Nobody

"Les Benn" > wrote in message
> There should be a speedometer calibration shop in your area. Probably used
> by the local police too. I was told last time I had an issue with
> calibration is to drive a measured 10 mile distance then note what your
> speedo reads,

This method requires using your ODOMETER and is limited to the smallest unit
measured by the odometer 1/10th of a mile degree of accuracy, combined with
the operators level of accuracy. Basically ok as a ballpark indicator...

It is much easier to look up this already "know information" or go to
someone who already knows it.

Is it a simple computer recalibration? Or are you going to pull your
transmission and change speedometer gears? Or are you forced to choose to
live with the discrepancy?

Old February 16th 07, 05:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Les Benn

correct I meant to say odometer. The reason for the 10 measured miles is to
get closer to cut down on the error since most odometers read only in 1/10
of a mile. If you really want better do it over a longer distance.

Old February 17th 07, 03:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Spike

In my case, I changed the tire size from 14" to 16", and now, the
speedometer reads about 50 when I'm flowing with city traffic in a
35mph zone.

Anyway, when the cable was pulled to put in a new gear, it broke off
in the tranny. Waiting on the new cable now. Then I have to go through
it all again. The rear gear "seems" to be 3.80 or 3.89.

One place where GM had a better idea... cable goes from the tranny
into a box of gears then out to the speedo. Lots of possible gear
combinations in that box.

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 21:07:56 GMT, "My Name Is Nobody" >
wrote:

>"Les Benn" > wrote in message
>> There should be a speedometer calibration shop in your area. Probably used
>> by the local police too. I was told last time I had an issue with
>> calibration is to drive a measured 10 mile distance then note what your
>> speedo reads,

>This method requires using your ODOMETER and is limited to the smallest unit
>measured by the odometer 1/10th of a mile degree of accuracy, combined with
>the operators level of accuracy. Basically ok as a ballpark indicator...
>
>It is much easier to look up this already "know information" or go to
>someone who already knows it.
>
>Is it a simple computer recalibration? Or are you going to pull your
>transmission and change speedometer gears? Or are you forced to choose to
>live with the discrepancy?
>

>> using the difference they can put in the needed pieces parts to make it
>> read accurately.
>>
>> "mustangGT_00" > wrote in message
>> lkaboutautos.com...
>>> Good day guys,
>>> I got 4.10 gears installed in my 00 GT. The speed odometer is not reading
>>> the actual speed. I know SpeedCal is the needed thing in here, but I'm
>>> just too busy with school and work. I talked to some people and it seems
>>> like I need an expert to talk to. Can any one help me with tips about
>>> this
>>> part (function, price, installation, etc..). Your help is appreciated.
>>> I Mak

speedo calibration anton[_1_] VW air cooled 12 October 25th 06 06:43 PM
speedo calibration Kerouac 4x4 2 September 11th 05 08:44 PM
New PCM? And will it need the calibration code? Happy Traveler Ford Explorer 3 June 19th 05 07:50 AM
Heater Control Calibration Geary Morton Dodge 6 January 5th 05 06:01 AM
torque wrench calibration [email protected] Technology 7 December 20th 04 06:47 PM