headers for 1965 6 cyl 200 cu in

Old February 6th 07, 10:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Richard Catrambone

Default headers for 1965 6 cyl 200 cu in

I am replacing the exhaust manifold (1965 6 cylinder, 200 cu in.,
3-speed). I was originally just going to replace it with a new exhaust
manifold and then I got to thinking about replacing it with headers (I
realize I'd have to deal with the exhaust pipe too). I've seen headers
for my engine (e.g., Mustangs Unlimited, part BA54) and am wondering
whether there is any performance advantage (for my particular engine
under just regular driving conditions) or if it is just for show/sound?
Thanks.
Old February 7th 07, 12:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent P[_1_]

In article .net>, Richard Catrambone wrote:
> I am replacing the exhaust manifold (1965 6 cylinder, 200 cu in.,
> 3-speed). I was originally just going to replace it with a new exhaust
> manifold and then I got to thinking about replacing it with headers (I
> realize I'd have to deal with the exhaust pipe too). I've seen headers
> for my engine (e.g., Mustangs Unlimited, part BA54) and am wondering
> whether there is any performance advantage (for my particular engine
> under just regular driving conditions) or if it is just for show/sound?

It is the one barrel carb and intake log that is the bottle neck for
horsepower. The divider that comes with the headers and better flow won't
hurt, but don't expect much if anything without improving the intake
side.

Old February 8th 07, 07:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Richard Catrambone

Brent P wrote:

> It is the one barrel carb and intake log that is the bottle neck for
> horsepower. The divider that comes with the headers and better flow won't
> hurt, but don't expect much if anything without improving the intake
> side.

Thanks. I think I will stick with the vanilla exhaust manifold.
Old February 8th 07, 09:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent P[_1_]

Forgot to refer you to http://www.fordsix.com/ for more info

Old February 9th 07, 02:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Richard Catrambone

Brent P wrote:

> Forgot to refer you to http://www.fordsix.com/ for more info

Good site, thanks.

351C 4v - Shorty vs Full Length Headers [email protected] Ford Mustang 0 July 10th 06 08:42 AM
Headers Troy Jeep 67 October 3rd 05 10:14 PM
Shorty headers do anything on 4.6? smoke Ford Mustang 2 February 13th 05 06:02 PM
DODGE CHALLENGER: 340 HEADERS emon Dodge 2 September 16th 04 07:53 AM