460 into early mustang question.

Old December 24th 05, 08:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default 460 into early mustang question.

I can't find my old links to 460 into early mustang swap kits. The one I'm
looking for in particular is for my '69. I do know of Crites Restoration.
Also any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks

--
Mark

Old December 24th 05, 10:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"Mark C." > wrote in message
>I can't find my old links to 460 into early mustang swap kits. The one I'm
>looking for in particular is for my '69. I do know of Crites Restoration.
>Also any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks

Don't see why it would be an issue if they can fit FE's no problem, and
Shotgun Blue Crescent's, with a teensy bit of shock tower trimming, in
there.
--
Scott W.
'66 HCS Mustang 289

Old December 27th 05, 05:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"66 6F HCS" > wrote in message

> "Mark C." > wrote in message
> >I can't find my old links to 460 into early mustang swap kits. The one

I'm
> >looking for in particular is for my '69. I do know of Crites Restoration.
> >Also any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks

> Don't see why it would be an issue if they can fit FE's no problem, and
> Shotgun Blue Crescent's, with a teensy bit of shock tower trimming, in
> there.
> --
> Scott W.

We have a 67 fast back with a 460 in it. It has headers and the towers were
not trimmed. There are complete kits available to do the swap but it's not
hard without a kit. Ours has a TH400 behind it now but was a C6 at first.
The 460 is heavy and needs a good front end and springs.

Al

Old December 27th 05, 06:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

I have '65-'66 620s in the front now. '67-'70 720s should do the trick.

--
Mark

Old December 27th 05, 07:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

MPG Motor Mount / 2" Header Kit
Allows installation of any 385 series Big Block engine into a classic
('67-'70) Mustang.
a.. Uses stock engine compartment & shock towers, no firewall modifications
required .
http://www.mpgheads.com/Header/MotorMt.htm

Old December 27th 05, 02:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"351CJ" > wrote in message
> MPG Motor Mount / 2" Header Kit
> Allows installation of any 385 series Big Block engine into a classic
> ('67-'70) Mustang.
> a.. Uses stock engine compartment & shock towers, no firewall

modifications
> required .
> http://www.mpgheads.com/Header/MotorMt.htm

I just peeked at this. Our headers have one pipe on each side that crosses
to the other side. These look like un-equal length headers off a ford truck.
I'm sure they are not, but they are not designed for all out horsepower.

Al

Old December 27th 05, 10:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"Big Al" > wrote
>Ours has a TH400 behind it now...

HERESY!!!!!

Old December 28th 05, 06:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"Big Al" > wrote in message

> "351CJ" > wrote in message
>> MPG Motor Mount / 2" Header Kit
>> Allows installation of any 385 series Big Block engine into a classic
>> ('67-'70) Mustang.
>> a.. Uses stock engine compartment & shock towers, no firewall

> modifications
>> required .
>> http://www.mpgheads.com/Header/MotorMt.htm
>>

> I just peeked at this. Our headers have one pipe on each side that crosses
> to the other side. These look like un-equal length headers off a ford
> truck.
> I'm sure they are not, but they are not designed for all out horsepower.
>
> Al

Are you sure one crosses over to the other side???

Have another look at this picture from their site...

http://www.mpgheads.com/Header/headers[1].jpg

Old December 29th 05, 02:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"351CJ" > wrote in message

> "Big Al" > wrote in message
> >
> > "351CJ" > wrote in message
> >> MPG Motor Mount / 2" Header Kit
> >> Allows installation of any 385 series Big Block engine into a classic
> >> ('67-'70) Mustang.
> >> a.. Uses stock engine compartment & shock towers, no firewall

> > modifications
> >> required .
> >> http://www.mpgheads.com/Header/MotorMt.htm
> >>

> > I just peeked at this. Our headers have one pipe on each side that

crosses
> > to the other side. These look like un-equal length headers off a ford
> > truck.
> > I'm sure they are not, but they are not designed for all out horsepower.
> >
> > Al
> >

> Are you sure one crosses over to the other side???
>
> Have another look at this picture from their site...
>
> http://www.mpgheads.com/Header/headers[1].jpg

Am I sure? Lets see, since we changed the engine about 4 times in the last
two years, I guess I'm positive One pipe from each side goes into the
other collector. You have to remove them to get the oil pan off. I'm about
100 percent sure it's the last pipe on each bank that crosses. I think this
was common practice in the late 60's. Another thing that was common was to
have equal length pipes. IMHO, that is the only way for performance headers
to be. Many new headers are not built that way.

Al

Old December 31st 05, 01:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

66 6F HCS wrote:
> "Mark C." > wrote in message
>
>>I can't find my old links to 460 into early mustang swap kits. The one I'm
>>looking for in particular is for my '69. I do know of Crites Restoration.
>>Also any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks

> Don't see why it would be an issue if they can fit FE's no problem, and
> Shotgun Blue Crescent's, with a teensy bit of shock tower trimming, in
> there.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the 460 IS a FE engine, right? If so, a
460 should fit.