And only $5600 out the door....

Old October 25th 05, 11:35 PM
Rich

Default And only $5600 out the door....

http://www.users.qwest.net/~pbarring/specs.htm .)

>"A '69 Hemi RR weighs 3880 lbs. (See Motor Trend's '69 Car of the Year
>story, as quoted at http://www.hotrodder.com/nick/rrhistory.htm .) Back
>in the day, Car Life magazine got a 4.10:1 Super Track Pack Hemi RR to
>trap at 104. (See http://www.hotrodder.com/nick/rrhistory.htm .)
>Assuming a 17% drivetrain loss, a 3880 lb car requires 341 rwhp, 411
>fwhp, to trap at 104 mph (using the formulas rwhp = weight * (mph /
>234)^3 and fwhp = rwhp/.83)."
>
>180 Out

Yes, that was the standard hemi engine, the "street hemi."
In-line manifold, not cross ram, lower compression, some lesser
quality internals.
Sorry, make that 1968 Dart, not 1960. But the race hemi had been
available (as far as I know) since 1964.
-Rich